Brisket to compliment Korean Bibimbap question

Robert

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
I have been asked to provide three briskets for an event that is going to feature Bibimbap with brisket as the feature meat. Does anyone have a recipe or know of a commercial product for a seasoning for the brisket that might compliment the flavors of the Bibimbap?

I have some Saigon 21 but don't think that would be in the right flavor profile.

Thanks,

Robert

Last edited:
Id inject it with bulgogi marinade and rub it with an Adam perry lang paste with dark soy sauce, paprika, black pepper, garlic salt , chili powder, beef base.

[ Pack of 2 ] CJ Bulgogi Marinade Korean BBQ Sauce, 29.63 Ounce Bottles https://a.co/d/aeTaV9d

Last edited:
Id inject it with bulgogi marinade and rub it with an Adam perry lang paste with dark soy sauce, paprika, black pepper, garlic salt , chili powder, beef base.

[ Pack of 2 ] CJ Bulgogi Marinade Korean BBQ Sauce, 29.63 Ounce Bottles https://a.co/d/aeTaV9d

Thanks for the reply. Might have to check that out.

After a bit of googling, I see all kinds of different products even one McCormick brand available at Sam's. So with that in minds, has anyone tried any of those products and have a good one to recommend?

Thanks,

Robert

I love bi bim bap. I'll often whip some up with leftover traditional smoked brisket, or even brisket I have frozen. The juices that release from the brisket compliment and flavor the rice. That traditional bbq approach is more subtle than a Korean flavored meat, though smoke flavor tends to stand out in the dish. Other times I'll just mix traditional korean flavors into ground beef as a quick marinade. And sometimes I call it 'bi bim not'.

I like Eric's suggestion. Knowing more about how the bi bim bap will be prepared would help. You might try and do some flavor profile tests with another meat.

I like the suggestions above. one other approach i have found works pretty well when trying to make smoked brisket fit into a particular ethnic cuisine is to do everything how you usually do it until the wrap/rest phase. At that point you can add whatever flavoring you want to add and finish however you normally would.

I've done this approach for
Japanese - ginger, garlic, orange, teriyaki sauce
Mexican - black mole or birria chilli sauce
Jewish - carrots, onions, celery, sweet and sour sauce
Never tried for a Korean flavor, but ginger, garlic, sesame oil, Asian pear, soy sauce would work pretty well.

Back