THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have not (and probably will not) bought a brisket in quite a while. At current prices Id just as soon have chuck roast. For my beef jones I've been eating Whataburger Green Chile doubles add jalapeño or Monterrey melt add green chiles and jalapeños.

I love the whole process of cooking brisket, I really do- I'm just not all in at $60$+

Re: Brisket Pricing Bllues

I feel you pain. The beef industry as a whole is hurting itself. With the drought we are in most ranchers sold off as much as they could last year; because of the cost to feed livestock. I miss those .99 cents a lb specials from four years ago in Texas best I can find locally is 3.99 a lb choice. So a little lower than the national average but still makes you think before buying a whole brisket.

Here in Chicago Restaurant Depot is selling choice packers for $3.79/lb.

After some fairly aggressive trimming my last two 13 pounders ended up costing $4.89 and $5.07/lb "smoker ready".

I don't get too depressed because my favorite local BBQ restaurant charges $15.95/lb.

What should I buy with all that savings?!?

I love brisket so much, I dont look at the price anymore.

Yes, its getting expensive, but I have to feed the addiction with brisket atleast twice a month or I will start getting withdrawal symptoms...

It also reminds me of when redfish got so popular in the 80's, when Cajun "cuisine" first got trendy.

I saw $2.99 at Wal-mart for Choice packers. Restaurant Depot in Dallas has CAB Choice for $3.99.

I still have 1 or 2 left over selects I got from July 4th that I picked up for $1.99. I think I'll stick to Choice and up from now on.

I had a 22.5lb SRF that I trimmed 8.7lbs off. 2.5 on that made it into hamburger scraps. Joked that I threw 87 dollars away

At Sam's earlier. Brisket 3.58# versus really nice choice rib eyes 9$+ per#

I departed no brisket but 4 rib eyes and 3# Copper River Salmon. Nope, no matter how much I enjoy cooking brisket, not going to pay that much for that much waste.

$7.05 a lb @ 15lbs
$15.50 a KG @ 6.92KG =$107$$$ Jesus h Christ!!!!!
We had to buy one for a comp last weekend and when the butcher told me the price I damn near cried.

Back