Brisket pricing blues...

Have not (and probably will not) bought a brisket in quite a while. At current prices Id just as soon have chuck roast. For my beef jones I've been eating Whataburger Green Chile doubles add jalapeño or Monterrey melt add green chiles and jalapeños.

I love the whole process of cooking brisket, I really do- I'm just not all in at $60$+

Re: Brisket Pricing Bllues

I feel you pain. The beef industry as a whole is hurting itself. With the drought we are in most ranchers sold off as much as they could last year; because of the cost to feed livestock. I miss those .99 cents a lb specials from four years ago in Texas best I can find locally is 3.99 a lb choice. So a little lower than the national average but still makes you think before buying a whole brisket.

Here in Chicago Restaurant Depot is selling choice packers for $3.79/lb.

After some fairly aggressive trimming my last two 13 pounders ended up costing $4.89 and $5.07/lb "smoker ready".

I don't get too depressed because my favorite local BBQ restaurant charges $15.95/lb.

What should I buy with all that savings?!?

I love brisket so much, I dont look at the price anymore.

Yes, its getting expensive, but I have to feed the addiction with brisket atleast twice a month or I will start getting withdrawal symptoms...

It also reminds me of when redfish got so popular in the 80's, when Cajun "cuisine" first got trendy.

Wife picked up a 5.5 lb flat from the supermarket to surprise me and I damn near fell over. She paid $7.59/lb. Told her no more surprises!

I saw $2.99 at Wal-mart for Choice packers. Restaurant Depot in Dallas has CAB Choice for $3.99.

I still have 1 or 2 left over selects I got from July 4th that I picked up for $1.99. I think I'll stick to Choice and up from now on.

I had a 22.5lb SRF that I trimmed 8.7lbs off. 2.5 on that made it into hamburger scraps. Joked that I threw 87 dollars away

At Sam's earlier. Brisket 3.58# versus really nice choice rib eyes 9$+ per#

I departed no brisket but 4 rib eyes and 3# Copper River Salmon. Nope, no matter how much I enjoy cooking brisket, not going to pay that much for that much waste.

$7.05 a lb @ 15lbs
$15.50 a KG @ 6.92KG =$107$$$ Jesus h Christ!!!!!
We had to buy one for a comp last weekend and when the butcher told me the price I damn near cried.

Back