Brisket in offset and finished in ....with Pron

TRRH

Knows what a fatty is.
Greetings, I finally found a good local source for Western Canada beef. Purchased a 12.6 lb brisket, trimmed off about 3/4 fat and applied a salt and pepper rub and put it in fridge overnight. Fired up my DIY offset Saturday morning and put the brisket on at 9am. I used cherry and oak wood with a target temp. Of 275F but it mostly ran around 250F.
After 5 1/2 hours in the offset, rather than wrap it and keep the fire going for several more hours, I moved it inside to a table top large roaster oven where I can control the temperature …around 280-300F…save my wood, and watch some golf on TV. ( I know, I should have roughed it out feeding wood but…..)
I had temperature probes in both the flat and point and added 2 cups of water under the wire rack. I cut the flat off and removed it at 4:30 to a cooler (7.5 hr total cook— the flat temp. was 203…the point was still cooking at 192F. I took point off at 5:30 (8.5 hr total cook…point was now 203).
Rested both for 1.5 hrs.
I was surprised it only took 8.5 hrs for a 12 lb brisket….perhaps the consistent 280F temp in a moist oven speeded it up. Tasted great. Here are a few picks.
Oh, one pic shows the spare ribs I put on just before I removed the brisket.

Attachments

• IMG_4447.jpg
    IMG_4447.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Sweet. The roaster oven has been called "the big lie" here. Once wrapped who cares. I set mine real low and let er ride all night.

Good looking plate, and a sweet smoker to boot, thanks for sharing.

Just looking for the end product and yours looks really well cooked.

Back