Brisket, Fatties and Armadillo eggs Oh MY!!!

thirdeye said:
2a1e6a88.gif
That all looks great. I agree about no bacon wrap on the japs...it was probably good lubrication for the digestive tract. LOL

Is that sausage a Texas brand? My BIL can get it a Sam's in Houston. It's good stuff. I've never seen at any of the Sam's up in mile high country. :mad:

3rdeye here is the link for them snausages. made in Snook Texas. http://www.slovacek.com/

Great pics... nice job...brisket looks juicy and that sausage reminds me of the Opa's brand Jalepeno Cheese sausage from Fredricksburg, TX that Jorge got me hooked on...

Man that sausage makes me miss Texas even more...(as if I needed a reason)
You just can't get good sausage like that here in Georgia unless you make it yourself:cry:

Ps. That Brisket is looking pretty dang good as well!!!

FatDaddy said:
slovecks jalapeno cheese.. i had read about em on here, and found em in stock at sams.. they were damn tasty

Next time one of you all are in Plano check out Hirch's meat market. He makes knock oyur dick in the dirt good Jalapeno and Jalapeno with cheese sausage. Bar None.

Fatdaddy -

Nice looking grub!!! Can't wait until I can cook this weekend.

I'm supposed to swing by Sam's tomorrow night ... wonder what the chances are they'll carry them over here on the East Coast? If so ... how long or to what temp do you cook your sausage to? It looks like you hit it right on the money!

When I saw those pics. I literally started to salivate. You got me all worked up.

FatDaddy said:
sausages are precooked. all ya gotta do is toss em in till they swell. id say about 20 min or so at 250*

I asked around last night at Sam's while I was picking up a brisket and couple of butts and the meat guy didn't seem to have a clue what I was talking about. The only sausage I saw was Emril's pre-packaged stuff. We're probably headed to North Texas to see the family next summer ... guess I'll have to load up a cooler full and bring them back :-D

FatDaddy -

You're not far from our relatives ... they all live in the Muenster area. Deal in a lot of cattle, water and oil wells and run to Nocona and/or Wichita Falls everynow and then.

yea they gotta pretty sweet golf course in muenster.. good german eats too from what i have heard. i need to head over there oneday. about the sausages.. you can order online believe from that link i posted. check it out.l

I think the name of the course is Turtle Hill ... but wouldn't bet my next paycheck on it! My cousin and his son play there a lot!!!

I'll check out the link as well.

looks great nice job on that brisket sure love to see a smoke wring like that

I was about to cuss Jason about missing yesterday until I saw the original date of post.

Lol... and wouldnt u know it.. the weather held out. to bad i slept from about 11am till 6pm last night.. ill catch up with u guys sometime next month after payday..

Back