THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TuscaloosaQ

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
I did a preemptive strike Friday night on my Cajun fryer by RV works cooked chicken wings

[UR

L=http://s1053.photobucket.com/user/TuscaloosaQ/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-08/2C0162A8-E3E5-4420-87A3-88ED4E4F0A34.jpg.html]
2C0162A8-E3E5-4420-87A3-88ED4E4F0A34.jpg
[/URL]

The wings were taken in the house for a shake up
Of melted butter and sauce...

Sharon waiting to grab the wings and head in for their bath in the sauce

I cooked several things this weekend... Gave to friends... Co-workers... And a little for myself

Started with 2 17# choice brisket

Trimmed up

Some of the goodness on the smoker

I was running from 340 degrees.... Down to 250 at times... I was working on cookers so was not baby sitting the cooker...added wood at 250 then quickly got back above 300

Shot of a pork butt

After about 4 to 5 hrs in the brisket was @ 162 degrees..... That is when I put one of the briskets in a foil pan with a jus an covered with foil.... Naturally the bark will be softened... But for me bark is over rated... I just wanted good tasting moist brisket... Now the other brisket i put in butcher paper...( for the 1s time ever)...will talk about that later...

I did the chicken halves... And 2 spatchcock chickens in the warmer... This is the 1st cabinet model I ever built and is setup a little different .. I borrowed the cooker from my buddy... It has a charcoal basket in it and I cooked hot... And over direct fire but high up
On the racks

Shots of the chicken and spatchcock chickens..... I did brine them in oakridge game changer brine.... Loved it... Thx diesel Dave.. I had some in the cabinet I forgot all about that someone had sent me...

Spatckccked

Beef ribs.... I cook them naked for the biggest part.. Then wrap for a while...still had good bark and very moist and tender....

6-08/FFDB68A4-9BD7-4B54-9051-001A9D0F88B7.jpg.html]
FFDB68A4-9BD7-4B54-9051-001A9D0F88B7.jpg
[/URL]

Pork butt.... I wrapped it in butcher paper and truthfully did not like the results... Took much longer than I like.... I will try agin one day... But I got away from what I know and like... But have not give up
On the butcher paper.... Yet!!!!!

The brisket... It was awesome... The one I did in the pan with a little a jus we liked better than the one cooked in the butcher paper... The one in butcher paper took about an hour to hour and half longer to probe tender.....

Made corn casserole also... Love this stuff

Mixed up and ready for the oven...really really good stuff... Forgot to get the finished pics... But will be more than happy to share the recipe...

Now the next day.. Sunday I made homemade soup using the brisket... Lots of deer burger... Corn.... Butter beans... Pinkeye purple hull peas.. Onion.. Rice... Left over roast and gravy and other seasonings... My mamma always froze stuff and when we had enough she would make soup... She was very frugal having went thru the depression... She wasted nothing... The soup is delicious!!!!!

Home canned tomatoes went in first... Then chicken broth beef bouillon cubes.. Water...and smoked neck bones

Canned tomatoes

The goodness is coming on

Brisket went in late in the game

And last but not least cornbread.... And I like it thin... And definitely not sweet or yellow

Now got to put these up.... Look to get between 25 to 30 quarts.... Got them at the end of the day at the flea market yesterday

Got a few yesterday eve

Sorry for the long post....was a good weekend.....

Good Lord!!! And I mean that. What a bounty y'all prepared. A spoonful of this and a tad of that would still be two platefuls. Outstanding!!

Goodness! What a feast! You've got some very full and hopefully appreciative friends & neighbors.

You really DID have a great weekend! You really tore it up, man. Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us.

Holy cow all of that looked so good! I guess holding a constant temperature is overrated. I've never wrapped a Boston butt in butcher paper, just briskets. That soup looked awesome.

That all looks killer, brother! I bet that soup was dynamite. The brisket and beef ribs were absolutely nailed... Heck all of it was! You need to give me a days notice next time you're cooking like that, I need time to make the drive!

That all looks killer, brother! I bet that soup was dynamite. The brisket and beef ribs were absolutely nailed... Heck all of it was! You need to give me a days notice next time you're cooking like that, I need time to make the drive!

The soup is amazing... And it gets better as it sits.... I sent Tyler a mess yesterday and he and ashley said " you could sell that stuff"... I just had bowl of the soup at the refinery.... Yummy stuff.....thx brother!!!!!

Nice cook Paul!

I'm a clean out the freezer soup guy too, yours looks awesome!

Back