THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What you guys are doing is really great. The SRF folks are good people. If for one reason or another they can't work something out, let me know. Huntspoint Meat Company would be happy to get Dan meat at our cost with the balance of the money if that's the direction you'd like to go.

Thank you very much. Is SRF working on something that you're aware of? I haven't heard, but my hearing isn't so good these days.

Thank you very much. Is SRF working on something that you're aware of? I haven't heard, but my hearing isn't so good these days.

Dan, I don't believe that SRF is involved. Phil mentioned in an earlier post that SRF might be a good choice for the remaining balance of donated $.

I believe that Johnny was saying that Hunstpoint would be happy to offer meat at their cost if that was of interest.

Eric

Really cool. Good bunch of guys here. I've got too many pokers in too many fires to help you out Dan. But it looks like you are being taken care of very well. Stay warm, and congrats on the new smoker. :thumb:

And to the Bretheren: Way to go guys. It warms my heart to know decent people are still doing awesome things! I tip my hat :yo:

Last edited:
Dan, I don't believe that SRF is involved. Phil mentioned in an earlier post that SRF might be a good choice for the remaining balance of donated $.

I believe that Johnny was saying that Hunstpoint would be happy to offer meat at their cost if that was of interest.

Eric

Thanks, Eric, that wa how I had read it, but sometimes I miss things. I'm not the brightest tool in the drawer...or something like that

Really cool. Good bunch of guys here. I've got too many pokers in too many fires to help you out Dan. But it looks like you are being taken care of very well. Stay warm, and congrats on the new smoker. :thumb:

And to the Bretheren: Way to go guys. It warms my heart to know decent people are still doing awesome things! I tip my hat :yo:

Thank you very much. Yes, hall are a great group of people. God's blessings!

Does anyone know if Dan actually has any pellets for his new pellet pooper?

That and meat might be a good idea.

Eric

No pellets locally that I can find, but Smokinit was going to pack a couple of bags,I be.ieve.

Dan, I have about 20 pounds each of some mesquite and apple pellets that I'll never use. Just PM me a delivery address and they will be on the way tomorrow.

Dan, what else do you need to "SUAC" Shut Up and Cook?

:tongue:

Sterling (BPS) and I want to send you a care package from his store compliments of the West Coast Offense.

Steph,
Brother, you are awesome...and again extremely generous. Please tell Sterling thank you for me. As far as what I need to SUAC, well, it hard to shut me up, as you know, but y'all are doing a good job of leaving me speechless...so, as far as a care package, how about one of everything? :biggrin1::wink:

Anything is appreciated, but if you could send some new meat gloves, I'd really appreciate them. I'm not sure where my old ones are...

Thanks again....

Done, that is too easy. Anything else?

Well, you see the list of things I'm smoking in this thread, so whatever you think I need. Honestly, my inventory consists of a pair of bear claws and some partially used rubs...plus a pair of Wally World tongs. I'll be appreciative of anything, but -Steph, you've been so supportive of Team Chambers over the years, I don't expect anything. Let's face it, Team Chambers' Holy Smoked BBQ won all of our awards because of S.M. Heck, we walked with the Genie before the Genie was the worldwide sensation its become...thanks to your friendship.

This type of behavior is the reason this place continues to thrive. I wish I was able to step up like the rest of these awesome folks but being partially disabled and out of work myself right now I can only send up prayers for you Dan and each and every brethren that has stepped up to help.

You're right, the people make this place special and that adds to its longevity. This is much more than a site for BBQ information.

I'm sorry to hear of your situation. I appreciate the prayers and I will certainly be praying for you, too. Just taking time to post here was a way of "stepping up," by the way.

Dan, I have about 20 pounds each of some mesquite and apple pellets that I'll never use. Just PM me a delivery address and they will be on the way tomorrow.

Package shipped thismorning via UPS ground for end of the day Tuesday delivery. I'll PM the tracking number when I get back to a real computer.

Boy will Dan be surprised when he sees gonna need this cooker, meat, fuel etc. for when we all show up drunk (well, y'all - I don't drink) on his porch expecting to be fed.

And he'll be really surprised about how many Brethren on his porch will have the meaning of "nekkid fatty" all wrong! :shocked:

Wait - can he see this? :doh:

Back