Breakfast Taco or Breakfast Burrito ???

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Not sure the difference. There is a place in Dallas that lays claim to the invention of bacon burnt ends. The morning I went it was to "early". They only had brisket, pork and sausage. Jalapeno Sausage was good, but disappointed that the BBE was not available. Then at the grocery store yesterday I noticed a full bin of pork belly 35-45$ each. Full bins of briskets 55-80$ each. Boston butts 20-25$.

Smithfield full spares were 1.88$# but they were huge. I passed. Spare rib meat would make outstanding breakfast burritos or tacos, however they are defined.

MSU- extra egg

Last edited:
I was thinking corn tortillas for tacos flour tortillas for burritos. Then I realized majority of the time at home I use coconut flour or non grain Siete tortillas.
It’s complicated

I always thought they were the same thing, maybe regional difference in names. Being a Houston boy, I ate off many taco trucks at jobsites and refineries that sold breakfast tacos that were mostly egg, bacon, cheese, potatoes, jalapeños and salsa.

Rolled up vs folded is the key difference. Also, I would assume there is a size difference. At the same price I would expect 3 tacos or 1 burrito.

In Texas Austin and areas south call them breakfast tacos and us folks north of Austin call them breakfast burritos.

Then there is the tostada.
If you layer them is it a stacked taco?
I agree, it is complicated.

Back