Bought a new toy tonight...

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Been wanting this for awhile and finally pulled the trigger on it tonight at Lowe's.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=44013-53719-SS-2000&lpage=none

The handle cranks the charcoal tray (which covers the entire area below the cooking grates) from way down (like 10 inches or so) all the way up to a couple of inches below the grates. Below that, the whole thing is covered by a removable ash pan to make cleaning it out simple. It's big enough that I could offset smoke on it if I wanted to. Hell, I may take it to comps instead of the Weber Kettle. Look forward to using it.

P.S. Might need a Spicewine thermometer to put on it in place of the one that's there. :wink:

You will really like it. I have looked at those, works a whole lot like my Hasty Bake, Legacy.

Obsessed arn't we?

I knew exactly what you bought just by reading The handle cranks the charcoal tray. However I did look at the link to see if it was the Grillware or Brinkmann model. I almost pulled the trigger on one of those last winter but decided to use that money towards a new smoker.

Obsessed arn't we?

I knew exactly what you bought just by reading The handle cranks the charcoal tray. However I did look at the link to see if it was the Grillware or Brinkmann model. I almost pulled the trigger on one of those last winter but decided to use that money towards a new smoker.

Me too!!!:lol:

The wife HATES to go shopping with me because she knows I have to check out ALL of the BBQ/Grilling/Cooking items to see if there is anything new. She said "You probably know their inventory better than the employees!":lol:

Congrats on the new grill! Let us know how it does.

My wife hates going anywhere with me too. We will always find a way to look at grills or smokers somewhere. I used to have a Landemans similar to that one.

That's a nice grill, a friend of mine has that model. I've cooked on it before and the ability to raise and lower the cooking grate is a real design plus.

I'll also add that he's been able to do some low and slow on it as well.

Nice lookng grill. Been thinking about something like that, myself! Have a gas grill, but with the BWS, UDS and WMS (sounds like gov't. agencies), I thought I might go purist, and give up the gas.

I've been looking at that to, should be good for chicken.Bass Pro shop has something similar, i don't think it has stainless steel.I'm going to compare them befoe i buy one.

You'll love the adjustable part of it!
Mine a good one but I never imagined how nice the ability to adjust the heat would really be. Congrats! What's for dinner?

Back