Initial pics/impressions of the all new MAK 3 Star

Hey Robb,

Great write up and awesome pics.

Hope you feel better soon and look forward to your cooks that take advantage of the dual chambers.

Cheers!

I made a guess of $7K earlier and just looked up the MAK 3* on the website...starts at $8K. Again, you get what you pay for, but that's a tough price to swallow. I do understand the craftsmanship and materials utilized will demand a hefty price though, so again, to each their own.

I made a guess of $7K earlier and just looked up the MAK 3* on the website...starts at $8K. Again, you get what you pay for, but that's a tough price to swallow. I do understand the craftsmanship and materials utilized will demand a hefty price though, so again, to each their own.

That opens up another question. Would you be better off with 2 two stars or 1 three star Maks.

The three star is basically 2 loaded up Maks two stars. It does a few extra things like allowing a whole hog cook. You can get 2 basic two stars fòr 6k though, and add one at a time.

8k is a tough pill to swallow, but for some, they will gladly fork that over to get the pinnacle of pellet smokers.

That opens up another question. Would you be better off with 2 two stars or 1 three star Maks.

The three star is basically 2 loaded up Maks two stars. It does a few extra things like allowing a whole hog cook. You can get 2 basic two stars fòr 6k though, and add one at a time.

8k is a tough pill to swallow, but for some, they will gladly fork that over to get the pinnacle of pellet smokers.

Are MAK Grills crazy expensive? Absolutely!!! Are they for everyone? Absolutely not! Only way I was able to first go MAK (with wife buy-in) was because I sold off almost my entire cooking arsenal and had a pocket full of cash. Everyone’s situation and story is different.

Definitely valid points to consider (two 2 Stars vs one 3 Star). I would say that the $6k comment about the two 2 Stars isn’t really comparing apples to apples as the 3 Star is 100% stainless, like the $4500 2 Star. That would put you at $9k for two all stainless 2 Stars. The new 3 Star without the cart (built in model) will list I believe at $9k. With the cart at $12k. Everything about MAK Grills is over the top, no denying that! The 3 Star, much like the 2 Stars are definitely not for everyone. That being said, there is clearly a market for the new 3 Star as MAK Grills has a growing wait list for this new model... and an even bigger market for the 1 & 2 Stars (obviously... lol). I have been surprised myself at the number of messages I have received asking if their will be another Brethren MAK group-buy deal this year. Yep, it’s coming and I can’t wait to see the family grow :)

Yep, you are slowly turning this board into The BBQ MAK BRETHREN...LOL

Far from it... lol, and that’s one thing I LOVE about this group... the huge diversity. Our situations, preferences and styles are all unique. Gas, sticks, charcoal or pellets... choices are good :)

Congrats! Welcome to the club. I know a lot of folks here, group all "pellet poopers" into one big bunch, in a disparaging way, however MAKs and a few others are definitely different and above the rest. They really do produce a smokey flavor that is comparable to stick and charcoal/chunk smokers.
I know that once you get yourself dialed into your MAK3, you're going to love it. Enjoy.

Back