Contest Announcment Boston Hills BBQ Fest - Boston, NY June 25th-27th

Sounds like fun. If only Boston Hills was closer to....Boston! :becky: It's a long drive for me, not to mention the $136 in tolls to get the RV and smoker out there. Will be in Rochester though...

All good Chris we all know Rochester is the one that really counts...:p:icon_blush::heh:

Sounds like fun. If only Boston Hills was closer to....Boston! :becky: It's a long drive for me, not to mention the $136 in tolls to get the RV and smoker out there. Will be in Rochester though...

Skip the tolls, and travel the Southern Tier Expressway through the Beautiful Catskill Mountains and Finger Lakes Region.

Last edited:
Mike, Probably won't be cooking with Mark but I will try to borrow a WSM to compete.....isn't he entering under Misfits of Meat ? Check went out this morning.....let me know how we're working the vending fees etc.....

BTW, i think we should have a SHORTS contest on the side...men only of course....

Mike, Probably won't be cooking with Mark but I will try to borrow a WSM to compete.....isn't he entering under Misfits of Meat ? Check went out this morning.....let me know how we're working the vending fees etc.....

BTW, i think we should have a SHORTS contest on the side...men only of course....

I believe he is entering under Misfits of Meat, looking for his entry form and check too! You guys teamed up for the grilling last year, so I thought I'd ask.

I'm doing the same thing for all my vendors - you can pay at the event. Its $200 - flat fee.

Do you want to run the shorts contest? :) I've got a pair that's sure to be a hit!

I'll keep an eye for your entry form and check.

New entrants: (as of yesterday)

Jacked Up BBQ
Diva Q

Add Desperado's Barbecue to the official mix. Got your entry form and check today, Shelly. Thanx.

I've got posters and flyers to drop off at the restaurant too. Will swing by.

You're most welcome Mike. Well whaddya say guys ? I'm starting the pot with 100.00 prize money. It's the Boston Hills Shorts Throwdown. Rules are as follows: One vote per team..........One team wins it all...........you can have as many team members as you'd like wear the funkiest, funniest, or prettiest shorts but I"ll be collecting ballots to be sure you can't vote for yourselves. This is one of those "peer evaluation" type contest. Diva, you best be bringing Gabe and Vlad since this will be a male only contest...(sorry, but you can thank me later)..........and if anyone wants to sweeten the pot, I'll consider splitting the contest into seperate categories (maybe the shortest, the ugliest, the most creative etc.).......the only entry fee required is for each team to be sure I'm stocked up on free beers when I'm stuck behind my tent vending to the masses.

Mike, please let me know what teams I may have to notify via facebook or email so that any teams that are not currently active brethren can have a chance to throw their shorts in the ring. I do think that the shorts should have to be donated to Boston Hills to be hung from a flagpole during the 2011 contest, and to be annually added to until we have a well dressed short throwdown flag to sport each year. Questions ? Comments ?

You're most welcome Mike. Well whaddya say guys ? I'm starting the pot with 100.00 prize money. It's the Boston Hills Shorts Throwdown. Rules are as follows: One vote per team..........One team wins it all...........you can have as many team members as you'd like wear the funkiest, funniest, or prettiest shorts but I"ll be collecting ballots to be sure you can't vote for yourselves. This is one of those "peer evaluation" type contest. Diva, you best be bringing Gabe and Vlad since this will be a male only contest...(sorry, but you can thank me later)..........and if anyone wants to sweeten the pot, I'll consider splitting the contest into seperate categories (maybe the shortest, the ugliest, the most creative etc.).......the only entry fee required is for each team to be sure I'm stocked up on free beers when I'm stuck behind my tent vending to the masses.

Mike, please let me know what teams I may have to notify via facebook or email so that any teams that are not currently active brethren can have a chance to throw their shorts in the ring. I do think that the shorts should have to be donated to Boston Hills to be hung from a flagpole during the 2011 contest, and to be annually added to until we have a well dressed short throwdown flag to sport each year. Questions ? Comments ?

I'm assuming that participants will have to be wearing these shorts?

Don't worry, Shelly, I have someone from the PFC keep you and your staff "refreshed" for the weekend. We'll do a meet and greet on Friday. I'm sure a sandwich would go a long way

I can't speek for the rest of Good Smoke but i will put my shorts on the line. There's no shame in BBQ.

uh let's just be sure you bring something else to wear when we accept your shorts as a donation to the flagpole...K Jon ? lol.........

Back