THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eads Ranch

Full Fledged Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
I've been grounded at home since December 28th after first hip replacement ended up with a fractured femur resulting in a second replacement January 28th. Wanted to cook something that didn't require a lot of babysitting. Came up with Smoked Meatloaf and Poblano Cream Corn using Melissa Cookston's recipe.

Used 2 pounds of Grass Fed Lowline Angus hamburger from my buddy Tom's ranch. 1 pound of HEB hot breakfast sausage. Diced up purple onion and celery, and added a cup of Panko bread crumbs. Seasoned with Oakridge SPOGOS and mixed it together. Put in foil pan and put in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.

Got the egg clone settled on 275F and put the meat on. At the one hour point I glazed with a generous amount of Yes Dear Red Sauce. Pulled at 165 IT and let it rest awhile.

Smoked%20Meatloaf-M.jpg

For the corn I followed Melissa's recipe and hoped I didn't screw it up.

My in-house food critic liked the results.

Meatloaf%20and%20Creamed%20Corn-M.jpg

Last edited:
Looks excellent Randy! I love corn, will check out the recipe. Thanks for posting!

You pick up that Shirley yet?

Unfortunately no. It's still safely tucked away in my son-in-law's garage. Hopefully when I go back to the doctor next Tuesday he'll let me get rid of the dang walker. Even more frustrating is Indycar testing is here next Tuesday and there's no way I could walk the garages and track all day. As soon as they'll let me drive I'm heading up to get the Shirley. I have a SRF brisket in the freezer waiting on it.

Hang in there, Randy.

That recovery is no joke. My Dad had x 2, and he didn't have complications.

You sure did well with stuff that doesn't take a whole lot of baby-sitting.

Wife had it done less than a year ago and is like a teenager again. Great looking cook!

I was doing great until I tried crossing my leg and the stem twisted in the femur. Second surgery put in a new stem and I have two metal bands around the top of the femur to hold it together. More fun than I planned on.

Time to move on to more fun stuff like cooking on my new Shirley 24x36. But it'll heal and I'll be good. Thankful that this is biggest problem I have. Plenty of others out there who aren't so fortunate.

Back