Boar's head breakfast idea

Recipes like that are funny. I'm always on the lookout for meals that fit the macros I need for my clients. I was sent an instagram video for one that worked, and it looked solid-and was a win on the taste test. Then I did a deeper dive into her videos, and they aaaaaall had the 'semi homemade' vibe where it would be 'use this frozen concoction' or 'start with this box' and then doctored it up for more protein, etc. I guess some people do need to be told the obvious, and others just weren't around for when that phase was popular.

This recipe is a bit crazy to me. Why fuss with toothpicks when you could just drop the sausage in the batter while the first side cooks then roll it up like a pig in a blanket.
It was a poor southern staple in my house growing up made with hotdogs sliced in half lengthwise then cooked this way. Dip in ketchup/mustard mix or syrup depending on if it was todays cheap breakfast or cheap lunch.

Last edited:
This recipe is a bit crazy to me. Why fuss with toothpicks when you could just drop the sausage in the batter while the first side cooks then roll it up like a pig in a blanket.
It was a poor southern staple in my house growing up made with hotdogs sliced in half lengthwise then cooked this way. Dip in ketchup/mustard mix or syrup depending on if it was todays cheap breakfast or cheap lunch.

probably give the sausage a different texture and if u didn't cook the sausage first not sure how done it would be. I do see people doing bacon dipped in batter to... Probably would have to cook it first i would think also but it was battered and fried. look pretty tasty lol

Back