THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Erikg

Name or Nickame
Erik
Just got this smoker last week. I haven’t got a chance to cook but I was able to season it. I’m experimenting with full-size splits hoping it works.
Overall like this smoker quite bit. It’s a heavy beast.
Thanks to Kevin James and The Hojo for helping with answering questions

Attachments

I poked around on his website and didn’t see the model you just got. Details?

Search under blue smoke smoker. He has a different website for these. They’re his value line I guess you could say. Barebones it’s 3/8” smoker for $1700 and you can add from there. I really don’t think any other builder is competing at this price

That’s a beautiful cooker at any price, but $1700?

Can’t wait to hear what you think of her cookin.

Beautiful smoker Erikg!

I believe I asked you this a while back on a different thread, but would you be willing to disclose your freight cost? I see you're in Oakland and I am in Phoenix area. While not super close, it'll give me a ballpark of what to expect to pay.

If you're unwilling to disclose, I apologize for bugging you on that front.

Regardless, enjoy the smoker!

I did one yesterday and it turned out great.
I was able to mostly use full splits. I don’t mind splitting them but I really wasn’t interested in cutting them in half. I learned kindling crackers don’t work well on almond wood lol

Do you have the large Kindling Cracker? It may be help. I use mostly almond wood and am able to split it with the KC, although I agree it is harder than most other wood I’ve split. And knots are a PIA!

Congrats again on a fine cooker!

Back