THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

gtr

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Last Thursday was the final day for Adam Perry Lang's pop up BBQ joint in Hollywood. It was a very cool part of a great summer. I hate to see it go, but at the same time we were lucky to have it in the first place.

Word got out.

IMG_2236.jpg

He made a special sammich for his last day - short rib and ribeye with red wine caramelized onions and provolone. There was also some herb cheese kinda stuff on there that was crazy good. The sammich wasn't cheap - in fact I've never spent more on a lunch in my entire life, but it was a once in a lifetime chance so I didn't hesitate.

But first - Lookie who was there!

IMG_2231.jpg

It's always great to see Silverfinger - if any of y'all get a chance to hang out with him - do it! :thumb:

Daniel Vaughn of Full Custom Gospel BBQ was there selling/signing his book "The Prophets of Smoked Meat". He's a cool dude. You like to talk BBQ? Here's your man right here. I scored the book and a shirt.

IMG_2233.jpg

APL and some of his pit crew:

IMG_2232.jpg

Anyway, to the sammich! :hungry:

A half in the box:

IMG_2234.jpg

The other half in the hand:

IMG_2237.jpg

This was obviously very high quality beef that was cooked perfectly. Every bite was perfect - nothing hanging, tearing, etc. My teeth went through this stuff like a hot knife through butter. This thing was $40 and when I finished it (all of it :shocked:) my first thought was that it was totally worth it. I'm not in the habit of expensive lunches by any means, but I figured it'd be foolish to pass this chance up.

APL was talking about taking this show on the road and doing short runs in different places, so y'all may wanna be looking to see if he's coming near you. I would not miss this. No way.

he should head north to the San Francisco Bay Area, I would break my BBQ embargo and but some of his stuff for sure

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Thanks for sharing GTR!

I was only able to make it there twice and both times it was amazing.
I did not buy the sandwich but did get his beef ribs both times. The last time I brought my wife a beef rib knowing once she tasted that rib nothing I cook would compare.

She ate the rib and said it was the best she ever had.
Better then sex. I've been upstaged by a beef rib. :drama:

Oh,
And if you ever get a chance to hang out with GTR you will have a blast!:becky:

Or in the finest NYC steakhouse.

This beef is easily in that category. I think one of the keys to APL's food is his sourcing. He got CAB to supply this venture, and they gave him a good deal so he could also raise $$ for charity. We got great beef meals, APL got some good publicity, and he supported a great cause. Every single person I know who ate from there, and there were many, lost their minds on how tasty this stuff was.

The sammich looks delicious Greg and worth every penny! Thanks for sharing!

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Back