THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ulc

is one Smokin' Farker
Had some leftover smoked pulled pork from yesterday. So I decided to make bibimbap with it. Bibimbap is Korean rice bowl dish topped with veggies, meat, and gochujang sauce and then mixed. Unlike my failed kimchi pulled pork sandwich experiment yesterday, the pulled pork bibimbap turned out excellent! Great way to get rid of some leftover pulled pork and pretty healthy meal. Or at least I like to fool myself thinking that.

Korean short grain rice underneath topped with sauteed zucchini, carrots, spiced soybean sprouts, pickled cucumbers, smoked pulled pork, fried egg, toasted sesame seed and oil, and gochujang sauce.
16l9Tnfh.jpg

All mixed up.
IneZB0dh.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Oh, I love bibimbap! I'd love to hit a bowl of that, man.

Fun to see what you do with the leftovers. Giving me great ideas.

• Thanks
Reactions: ulc
Growing up Okie you don’t learn about such things. That’s for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Thanks
Reactions: ulc
Never heard of it but it looks delicious.

Thanks! It's probably one of the most well known Korean dishes. Definitely one of the tastiest. It's very popular with the females as it looks pretty with all the different colors and it has lot of veggies with rice in the bowl.

Oh hell yeah!
:thumb:

Looks great, nice use of leftovers.
Bibimbap is the ultimate leftover dish. Korean food is served with lot of banchan (side dishes). People usually make bibimbap to get rid of the older leftover banchan that's been sitting in the fridge for couple of days. So bibimbap is different each time because the ingredients that goes into it change depending on the leftovers in the fridge.

I'm in. If you prepare it. LOL
:biggrin1:

Oh, I love bibimbap! I'd love to hit a bowl of that, man.

Fun to see what you do with the leftovers. Giving me great ideas.
It was great! Bibimbap would be great with leftover smoked briskets, grilled/smoked chicken, steaks, fish, or any leftover BBQ meat. And it's easy dish for me to make since we already had banchans in the fridge. I only needed to sauteed some zucchini and carrots and fry the egg.

Growing up Okie you don’t learn about such things. That’s for posting.

Glad to have shared this with you. I hope you have the chance to try it at a restaurant. Or you can try making it at home.
https://mykoreankitchen.com/bibimbap-korean-mixed-rice-with-meat-and-assorted-vegetables/

You can use pretty much any veggies and meats you want. I made it with mostly leftover stuff I had in the fridge. This is a dish that allows you to be as simple or creative as you want.

Dat chit looks good enough to eat. :clap:

Thanks Hoss! It was really delicious! Mine was a simple version. Some people load it with like a dozen or more toppings. And at many restaurants, bibimbap is served on heated stone or clay bowl. This gives the rice at the bottom of the stone bowl a crunchy, chewy, and almost burnt texture. That version of bibimbop is called dolsot-bibimbop. "Dolsot" means stone pot. Dolsot bibimbop is my favorite but I usually only order that at a restaurant instead of making it at home.

If you make it to Lubbock I would suggest trying Masiso. They do cupbap and it is pretty good stuff.

Cupbap is pretty popular near colleges in Korea since it's cheap and easy to carry/eat. It's basically bibimbap in a cup. Fusion of traditional bibimbap.

Bibimbap is one of my faves. Never thought to do it with a smoked meat before, May have to try that...
This was the first time I made bibimbap with smoked meat. I don't know what took me so long to combine the two. Now I know what to do with leftover smoked brisket.
Looks fantastic I would love to try a bowl of that
Thanks! Hope you get the chance! It's great way to use leftover BBQ meat and pair with some veggies while eating something different from a typical salad.

Which gochujang sauce did you use. They have many varieties. I have the sweet and spicy, but that one in the picture looks tasty.

We make our own using gochujang, toasted sesame oil, water, corn syrup, pear puree, minced garlic, and toasted sesame seeds.

Most people use sugar instead of corn syrup and many add rice vinegar. Some also add soy sauce. I don't think most people add pear puree but we like adding fruits like pear or apple to the sauce.

Back