THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks for the input. Newbie question, what makes the Themapen better, speed, accuracy? The BGE one seems to read quick and according to boiling water is fairly accurate.

Speed, accuracy and customer service for me. If I am checking a bunch of chicken pieces, for example, even a couple of seconds per piece can make a difference. The faster I can get the cooker closed the less heat is lost.

Speed, accuracy and customer service for me. If I am checking a bunch of chicken pieces, for example, even a couple of seconds per piece can make a difference. The faster I can get the cooker closed the less heat is lost.

lol you guys are to the point of obsession!

a couple seconds making a difference......you guys are SERIOUS!

As others have mentioned its a PT 100.. I have one that is Maverick Branded. I was debating between it and the Thermapen and choose the Maverick.. Have not regretted it.. Its fast I love the readout and I have had zero problems with mine in 2 years.

The BGE rebranded one is usually priced high ($99) I paid like 80 for my Maverick but you can find them on amazon from time to time from 45-50 dollars..

Back