THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plaid Palace

Knows what a fatty is.
I have 4 boneless skinless breast I am going to cook this after. I think everyone knows how to get chicken done but what's the best way to cook these breasts so they are moist and tender?

I have brined them for about 5 hours in a salt/brown sugar brine. They have been in the fridge now for about an hour with a rub on them.

Whats the best way to cook them? Hot and fast around 400? Indirect? Direct but around 300 degrees? Advice?!?!?!

I would go indirect with a small chunk of pecan wood and lightly seasoned with your favorite chicken rub. My favorite is Big Mista's chicken scratch. , pull at about 150 internal temp and let them rest in tinfoil for about 15 min.

Good luck!

Cooking temp isnt too much of a concern. I do mine hot and fast 375-400 indirect heat. Key to keep moist is to pull it at 150-155 and foil it. I like to pull at 155. Its still juicy but has a better texture imo. Temp will continue to rise 5 - 10 degrees. If you wait to pull it at 165 it will get too dry as its resting.

Back