Best Pit You have Cooked On ?

I never met a cooker I didn't like. I learned on an old Weber kettle and to say the least they are great. Some of my best memories come from cooking whole hogs with my grandpa as a kid. i have had so may great times cooking on various types of cookers, to say that one was better than the other would be tough. I have to say the best one, is often times the one that brings the most pleasure or builds the most memories for me.

I know that doesn't REALLY answer the question, but I'm feeling philosophical tonight..LOL

What you said.

I have fond memories of my ECB, and my 15 year old kettle silver is like an old and trusted friend. When the power was out after Katrina, my neighbor had a freezer full OK for thawing meat, and I had the kettle and a hoard of KBB. Good times.

Early this year I got a CG Akorn. Not only does it turn out great food, but it's the easiest firecooker I've ever used. Totally my favorite. .. until I joined this board and you farkers made me build a UDS.

Uh... what was the question again?

My Deep South GC 36. Rock solid build quality and fantastic engineering. Even heat from top to bottom.

20150902_180028.jpg

I've had pellet smokers, stick burner and Weber's, but for me nothing comes close to the product I have that comes off my Peoria Pit !

Attachments

• Peoria Pit.jpg
    Peoria Pit.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 375
I've had pellet smokers, stick burner and Weber's, but for me nothing comes close to the product I have that comes off my Peoria Pit !

Dude. I just checked the link in your sig. It's a Chinese webpage. Have you been hacked? Or maybe I have.

I have had several gas grills that hold temp fairly well when the lid is closd, an aluminum portable kitchen and a 22" WSM. But the very best smoker that I have ever cooked on is the one that I have now. I have a 24"x48" Bell Fab offset stick burner. It has all of the features that I want, heats very well, holds heat well and really draws. I have never had anything except TBS. I think it's the absolute best cooker in it's price range.

My big ole Shirley Fab get better with every use. It was the best from day one and keeps getting better!

Back