Best Offset Smoker?

And "best" is a matter of opinion. You'll get a lot of different "best" smokers...

Agreed! Quite a few amazing fabricators now you can choose from. Best in my opinion is what works for you best.

"Best" is subject to a lot of debate and personal opinion. That said, for the money one would be hard pressed to do any better than Shirley. Also Mr. Shirley is about as good of a man as you will ever meet or deal with. Also he is a fellow Brethern. After meeting him he has my respect and business for life. Brother Shirley is a man of his words. That goes a long way with me. A real long way. At least give Shirley a look before you spend your hard earned money.

There are no good ones under $1500, at least not new.

Looks new but not sure . . . Model SG-01 $1,600. Man, if I was in the market this looks perfect.

http://www.greasyhillcustoms.com/menu.html

img_8849_op_797x597.jpg

img_8847_op_797x597.jpg

Real close to the price point but need to pick - it's a trailer so that would be easy!

There's a great many builders to choose from that will build you a pit that cooks well, so the determining factor will really be bang for the buck and as others have said, Shirley and LSG really give that to you.:wink:

I narrowed my options down to Klose and Lonestar Grillz. Went with LSG due to equal quality and much more bang for my buck.

Last edited:
I narrowed my options down to Klose and Lonestar Grillz. Went with LSG due to equal quality and much more bang for my buck. After outfitting my trailer with all the options I wanted it was a $4K less for the LSG.

I ended up making the same decision. I love Mr Klose. He is very personal and spent a lot of one on one time with me. He builds great cookers. I visited Gator a couple of times and was treated very nicely by Rich. Also great cookers. Then it was on the LSG. Based on my somewhat expanded knowledge of what to look for from my discussions with Klose and Gator plus this site, I found LSG was doing the same quality, etc for less money.

There are many great makers out there and they all seem to be super people. There is a reason these guys continue to stay in business and have good reputations.

Back