THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've looked in to the Karubecues... do you really have to load wood every 30 mins?

I have the same question.
Hibuck...

Somewhere around there. 25-45 minutes I'd say.

Give us the details! What kind of wood? How often did you load? How long did it take? Looks awesome!

I used hickory, cherry and oak. Mostly hickory and oak. About every 25-45 minutes I'd say. 30-35 on average. I could've loaded more in the firebox but I wanted to put the lid on it and not waste fuel by having logs up higher start to burn before I needed them. It was a 10.xx pound brisket before trimming so I guess it came out to about 9 pounds and I smoked it at 250° (averaged 240) for about 9.5 hours. The point was at 202° while the flat was at 197-199°. Weird that the point was higher but that's BBQ, you never know what you're going to come across!

Thanks all for the compliments. So far, I really like the smoker. I cooked 6 whole chickens in it for its first cook, followed by the brisket the next day. The chickens were for a friend so I didn't get to eat those, he said they were awesome!

I'm sure I'll be posting more pics down the road ;)

Great looking grub brother. A friend of mine (The Cen-Tex Smoker) recently aquired a Karbecue and really speaks highly of it. Enjoy the great looking grub and the new smoker.

Back