Best Brisket I've ever made!

I've looked in to the Karubecues... do you really have to load wood every 30 mins?

I have the same question.
Hibuck...

Somewhere around there. 25-45 minutes I'd say.

Give us the details! What kind of wood? How often did you load? How long did it take? Looks awesome!

I used hickory, cherry and oak. Mostly hickory and oak. About every 25-45 minutes I'd say. 30-35 on average. I could've loaded more in the firebox but I wanted to put the lid on it and not waste fuel by having logs up higher start to burn before I needed them. It was a 10.xx pound brisket before trimming so I guess it came out to about 9 pounds and I smoked it at 250° (averaged 240) for about 9.5 hours. The point was at 202° while the flat was at 197-199°. Weird that the point was higher but that's BBQ, you never know what you're going to come across!

Thanks all for the compliments. So far, I really like the smoker. I cooked 6 whole chickens in it for its first cook, followed by the brisket the next day. The chickens were for a friend so I didn't get to eat those, he said they were awesome!

I'm sure I'll be posting more pics down the road ;)

Great looking grub brother. A friend of mine (The Cen-Tex Smoker) recently aquired a Karbecue and really speaks highly of it. Enjoy the great looking grub and the new smoker.

Back