Beef Stir Fry on the Blackstone

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
I picked up some thin sliced Top Round steaks at the market a few days ago, then realized I already had some in the freezer. That's fine, the more the better. About the only way I like to prepare these is for a stir fry, so that's on the menu for tonight's dinner.

But first, a marinade. I normally do my usual Teriyaki marinade, but decided on something different today. I have a recipe for either a dipping sauce or marinade that includes a sweet Thai chili sauce, minced garlic, brown sugar, sesame oil, Five spice and ginger. Normally I'd use this for chicken but today - why not try it on beef?

Veggie prep work. Bok Choy stems and leaves, Matchstick Carrots, Red Peppers, Pea Pods, Water Chestnuts ready for the Blackstone -

h1J1ojp.jpg

Remind me not to line these up so they look pretty. They're a pain to fish out of the bowl.

Stir fry noodles -

aqgowah.jpg

Marinated beef -

GTYq2L5.jpg

Beef and Bok Choy stems go on first. The Bok Choy needs a slight head start -

eLhM8Cz.jpg

R1zNl1c.jpg

Less than 90 seconds per side, add the red peppers -

A519LKL.jpg

and the carrots -

Lktas7F.jpg

Remove the steak, make a quick run inside to thinly slice it while the veggies on the Blackstone are on low -

xsRIGp3.jpg

Back outside, it'll come together quickly now. Add the water chestnuts, snow peas and Bok Choy leaves. The marinade the steaks were grilling in is mixed in with the red peppers -

DjlVbzW.jpg

KpYDjEt.jpg

Toss on the rice noodles, which are already cooked -

dI8XKbE.jpg

And add the beef back in -

1SnuI2F.jpg

o8glHDg.jpg

Mix it all together -

Oiqh92y.jpg

And dinner is ready to be served -

PRARfiA.jpg

Plated -

hrgRFxq.jpg

SFXqmz3.jpg

wiY6REp.jpg

As good as it looks! The sweet Thai chili sauce was exceptionally good with the beef, a bit of sweet heat but not excessive.

This is definitely on my make again list, a nice departure from Teriyaki and also from chicken or shrimp.

As always, thanks for taking the time to read through this post.

Regards,
-lunchman

I like the Thai chili sauce idea and the rice noodles. Man I could go for a plate of that right now for a midnight snack :-D You reminded me my Mom used to make thin round steak for us by using seasoned bread crumbs and pan frying on a high heat. Boy were those good. Might have to give that a whirl on the Blackstone.

Another killer Blackstone cook Dom. I bet that tasted awesome, and looked cool. And I bet it was a lot of fun too (except for the prep part). I want a flat top cooker!

Thanks all. Nothing like a stir fry on the Blackstone. The leftovers were great for lunch yesterday.

When I bought all these ingredients I'd also picked up some bagged pizza dough, thinking ahead for another meal. The dough did some extensive rising in the bag in the fridge and a Calzone was in the cards sooner than anticipated. My wife had thoughts of stuffing it with some of the stir fry, not sure how that would have turned out with the rice noodles. She's the Calzone master in this house, not my area of expertise. A more traditional pepperoni and ham one was made for dinner. No pics, sorry and it was darn good.

But that thought of a stir fry stuffed Calzone still lingers. Hmmm.

Back