BBQ Pitmaster tonight

Great win Dave! I agave to agree, do not like the format of judging. If they want to do it in front of those cooking, at least give them numbers, and give comments to them live. Tell who had each number after judging meat and round.

Congratulations Mr. Bouska, on a job very well done. I'm always impressed how you, and your fellow competitors, are able to think so fast on your feet and keep it together under the pressure.

I'd love a pitmasters where they shook it up and the challenge was to cook in a less modern style.

Meaning, no fancy smokers, no injections etc... Just a modest pit (shoot pick a weber kettle challenge), choice of fuel (various woods and coal)and meat provided to all. It just always seems to be about the cooker and the injection and the phosphates and the blah blah.

I'd love to see that.. Here's your meat, here's your grate.....PITMASTER'S START YOUR FIRES!!!!

After all, wouldn't that be a "pitmaster" challenge?

Congrats, David! Like oldbill, I was pulling for Buzzie, too, as this Longhorn has a hard time pulling for folks from OK, but since you are a Brethren and I love your Honey Rub, I'm fine with the results :wink: :thumb:

Congrats, David! Like oldbill, I was pulling for Buzzie, too, as this Longhorn has a hard time pulling for folks from OK, but since you are a Brethren and I love your Honey Rub, I'm fine with the results :wink: :thumb:

Buzzie and his Son are great guys. I really enjoyed meeting them and making friends with them. Thanks for watching.

It's a sad thing I have to get this via Bit-torrent, but there's no other way. Loading now. Can't wait to see how you win!

Cheers!

Bill

Question for you Pro's out there.

I understand why they like to use chicken thighs, because they are moist. But, why do they cook the thighs in a pan with butter? Does the butter with the rendered chicken fat fry the chicken in the pan? Or is this done to make sure you keep moisture around the chicken?

Congrat's on the win! Great to see a pellet smoker beat out the traditional wood burners. That Iron Maiden smoker of Buzzie's was impressive looking though.

Can you share what brand of pellets you used? Tried to figure it out but they didn't show the front side of the bag when you were loading the hopper.

No clue why Jamie Geer or Leann Whippen were on last nights show.I'm sick of seeing them both...ESPECIALLY Jamie.

Back