BBq Liberation and Bob and the "Mexicoid" Brisket

Okay here is the recipe and my only regret is that it is not brisket drippings.

I have smoked 3 pounds of country style ribs after a the chorizo stuff pork loin and van and froze them so essentially that's pork butt.

I tossed it in the roaster/pot at 300 with a pasilla and some arbol peppers, bay leaves, two oranges with juice, some lime and lemojn juice, some of my salsa, a can of rotel, onions a stalk of celery, and water

once done I spooned out the veggies. I then strained it through a wire strainer, added a can of blended smooth can of chipolatas. I added kitchen bouquet, Worcestershire, salt... and a bit of sugar to remove some of the acidity.

I strained it again, this time I am squeezing through everything with a wood spoon but the seeds. I tasted. I compared it to a sample blended with tomato sauce. I like the one with the sauce better. I added lime juice and tomato sauce - maybe about 1 part tomato to 2 parts broth.

Remebering this is not a soup and a condiment I stopped there. EXTREMELY flavorful and I can only imagine it on my meats before the taco goes out.

Man, I'm going to sign up for classes with you next semester! Hard work=reward.....not enough of this work ethic being taught in schools these days.
From one teacher to another....

Okay here is the recipe and my only regret is that it is not brisket drippings.

I have smoked 3 pounds of country style ribs after a the chorizo stuff pork loin and van and froze them so essentially that's pork butt.

I tossed it in the roaster/pot at 300 with a pasilla and some arbol peppers, bay leaves, two oranges with juice, some lime and lemojn juice, some of my salsa, a can of rotel, onions a stalk of celery, and water

once done I spooned out the veggies. I then strained it through a wire strainer, added a can of blended smooth can of chipolatas. I added kitchen bouquet, Worcestershire, salt... and a bit of sugar to remove some of the acidity.

I strained it again, this time I am squeezing through everything with a wood spoon but the seeds. I tasted. I compared it to a sample blended with tomato sauce. I like the one with the sauce better. I added lime juice and tomato sauce - maybe about 1 part tomato to 2 parts broth.

Remebering this is not a soup and a condiment I stopped there. EXTREMELY flavorful and I can only imagine it on my meats before the taco goes out.

Dayyum! That sounds good. Reserve a bit and add some cumin and a little oregano to it. Also, paprika will give you some color with minimal flavor. Another good pepper is guajillo. In place of tomato sauce, I wonder how some sofrito would work in it?

You gonna try it on some tacos soon? Tomorrow is Tuesday!

Dayyum! That sounds good. Reserve a bit and add some cumin and a little oregano to it. Also, paprika will give you some color with minimal flavor. Another good pepper is guajillo. In place of tomato sauce, I wonder how some sofrito would work in it?

You gonna try it on some tacos soon? Tomorrow is Tuesday!

i will be making all those changes.

I'm not sure about most of what the fark you two've just said (I can be pretty slow on the uptake). Maybe it's the way you've juxtaposed things but, fark, it looks so good! I'd eat all of it until it hurt and then I'd rub the rest all over my body and stand down wind of myself ... I've said that before and it's true this time too.

LOL. Usually turning things around helps it make better sense!

Just talked to a hot little number I know. She is Mexican. She wants kids with my blue eyes. Very flirty and says I will never understand Spanish until I take Spanish 5.... which means I take her as a lover. I am married.

She loves my cooking and told me its Barria. Normally thought of as a soup but you strain off the beef. She tells me I am doing it sort of backwards.

I should add the drippings to IT once I get the taste right.

6 guajillo chiles
6 ancho or mulato chiles
12 cascabel chiles
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
5 whole allspice
10 garlic cloves
3 bay leaves
1 onion
Salt to taste
1 cup of water

you take this and do your deseed and soak then blend all but the bay leaves,

Normally you sear meat and plop in a pot with bay leaves and an onion and cover - then after you toss the bay leaves from the chili mixture to the beef stock pot, you wire strain all the chili paste into the broth and cook for 3 hours.... in my case, she says I will strain the soup and add the drippings. then cook slow for three hours.

I think it's birria. Yes, that is a sauce all of its own. Very complex and flavor rich as you can see by the chiles in it.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birria
Normally a stew, but seems the broth itself can be made then tossed on tacos.

Now, if you go that route and willing to make that recipe.....oh man, it is good stuff!

She sounds just as spicy as the birria recipe!

Last edited:
NSFWF.....there is some LANGUAGE in this vid. You have been warned. But, I so like this set up up Donnie. Looks like a taco stand to visit.

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qFglNTvnV6A[/ame]

Donnie, how are your tort flipping skillz? Lol

Look at that cart.....trompo for the pastor and lots of flat top real estate.

Did he say, lard!?

Food all looks great, and I am sure many of you are wonderful teachers. I'm a bit old fashioned I reckon. I don't cotton to the idea of rewarding good behavior. I like the idea of rewarding exemplary work, or service above and beyond, but doing the right thing is something that should not need a reward. I like the saying..." My best teacher was my last mistake".

bob.... Bob... Bob... The woman turned me in to her brother... He runs a lot a co thing in a market. He said this when I showed the Birria recipe and told him what I wanted to do with it. He says he did it that way but it's too much work... So he got smart. He says.. Use the dried peppers we talked about in the meat simmer... Pull THOSE out and blend with some suffrito mix. Step saved... He uses 3 parts Goya Soffrito in the jar to one part Goya Recaito. Then add ... Get this... A good quality big can of quality, quality enchilada sauce and then the meat drippings to taste. you strain before the sauce goes in. Really saturates yet soaks the meat.

Food all looks great, and I am sure many of you are wonderful teachers. I'm a bit old fashioned I reckon. I don't cotton to the idea of rewarding good behavior. I like the idea of rewarding exemplary work, or service above and beyond, but doing the right thing is something that should not need a reward. I like the saying..." My best teacher was my last mistake".

I don't remember saying the tacos were for good behavior... I did say it was for a performance goal. For five years I have had the highest scores and most advance scores in the district.

Bob, dried peppers are cheap... My thought is the night before... Or at some point making enough for a while.... Mixing a batch of the suffrito, blended and strained peppers and adding the enchilada sauce and chilling or freezing if needed. I could simply heat up on site and strain in the beef stock. He said the beef stock gives it that robust flavor that strays away from tasting prepared.

And so you know, a brought him some of the jalapeño and cheese filled sausage wrapped in a corn husk and smoked and the hot dogs and thin mini brats I encased in masa and steamed like tamales... The dawgmale husk gets opened in front of the customer and slathered in chili cheese onions and cilantro... He says the time I spend making that consume would be better spent making those. Lol

1664785_630x354.jpg

and of course someone else on here made these.... these are great "freezables"

but mine are like stuffed

604x453px-49751c61_tamale1b.jpg

bob.... Bob... Bob... The woman turned me in to her brother... He runs a lot a taco thing in a market. He said this when I showed the Birria recipe and told him what I wanted to do with it. He says he did it that way but it's too much work... So he got smart. He says.. Use the dried peppers we talked about in the meat simmer... Pull THOSE out and blend with some suffrito mix. Step saved... He uses 3 parts Goya Soffrito in the jar to one part Goya Recaito. Then add ... Get this... A good quality big can of quality, quality enchilada sauce and then the meat drippings to taste. you strain before the sauce goes in. Really saturates yet soaks the meat.

Bob brisket... still need your feedback on the shortcut.

Back