BBq Liberation and Bob and the "Mexicoid" Brisket

Well done, Donnie. I'm also a teacher and have been toying with the idea of pulled pork and pulled chicken tacos as a reward for a performance goal on our annual ACCESS for ELLs test.

FYI - I can only find the small tortillas at one store around here. They're Atontonilco brand made in the south suburbs of Chicago. Great size for feeding a large number of people. We used them this summer at a school fundraiser to sling 500 smoked cochinita pibil tacos.

Bob brisket... still need your feedback on the shortcut.

Donnie,

That short cut sounds good to me. It makes sense since the sofrito has all of those ingredients in it already. Plus, a good quality red sauce cuts down on time too. I say give it a go. The broth will make it, but add some cumin and oregano. Those two profiles are damn good in a sauce like that. They bring a lot to the table.

That said, me, personally.....I'd make the red sauce. Peppers are cheap AND you control the stuff that's in it like salt, etc. Homemade red sauce is a blank canvas except for the heat level it has. From there, you can decide how much salt, etc it has so it won't conflict with the seasonings already in the sofrito. Those short cuts help.

Those tamales are incredible, Donnie! Damn, I'm hungry!

Donnie,

Here's how I make my concentrate and store. I use gallon zips too. Saves on freezer space and makes for perfect serving/cooking portions.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172119&highlight=Red+chile

I store my stocks the same way too.

Last edited:
Please....PLEASE...let us know what the final process becomes. It sounds like it is going to be off the charts good!

Back