bbq area upgraded

I built the pavilion part last year. I had my grills on a small cement slab and had some grass area. Nothing was level. My Humphrey's door wouldn't stay opened. I had to ship it.
My wife kept telling me to make a deck floor or something and make it nice since I spend a lot time out there and she wanted it to look nice for our over all property. I was being frugal but finally gave in. I have more into my shack then I wanted but it does look a lot nicer. It will look even better when complete.

Any opinions on a railing/bar top. Not so much a bar top but something bigger then a regular railing. I'm not creative in this stuff so open for suggestions.

My wife wants to do something like this on the right and left side and front left. Lattice for the whole back and steps on the front right. Or regular baluster with a bigger size wood on top of it? [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9TqH11JJpU"]How To Build A Pallet Bar - YouTube[/ame]

The more I look at it the less I remember the before. Can you post a before pic?

The more I look at it the less I remember the before. Can you post a before pic?

It's come a long away. Two years ago I added a deck and covered roof on my house. My old neighbor does construction for a living and I helped him with the deck and roof.

I took the old awning off the house and put it on posts.

Last year took down the awning and I added the new pavilion part.

Last edited:
Put a nice little roll a bed or hammock in there and when your cooking in the rain and monitoring your cue that pitter-patter on the tin roof would be great to nap to.:p My cooking area on my deck has a tin roof and I love cooking when it rains.

Looks like a great place to drink a beer or 3 while smelling that sweet sweet smell of low and slow Q

hmmm, ....wood and fire....

I would be more concerned if it was a deck attached to my house. I wouldn't have them on my deck attached to my house. That's why I built this. I will have pavers or fire resistant mats. I already lost one house from a fire (electrical).

I feel safe with the blackestone and pellet grill. The cabinet I feel good about, only loading is where I have to be extra careful. I really don't leave my house when smoking. If I do I'll have my wife keep or son keep an eye out.

That's really nice how do you like that camp chef see pellet grill Walmart where I live has those for 344 dollars would like to buy one but my wife says no anybody know how I can change her mind she is from Kentucky and pretty stubborn

That's really nice how do you like that camp chef see pellet grill Walmart where I live has those for 344 dollars would like to buy one but my wife says no anybody know how I can change her mind she is from Kentucky and pretty stubborn

I like it a lot. I wasn't excepting to use it more then my kettle but during the work week it is really nice to use. It's quick and easy and clean.
I don't know how can changer her mind. My wife bought mine for me for Christmas.

Back