Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin with Pineapple - WSM Direct fire Octoforks!

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Hey everyone. Seen a video from T-Roy cooks the other day where he did a bacon wrapped pork loin on the octoforks! As I looked at his set up I thought "Oh man I should put pineapple rods on the empty forks on the octoforks!!

Well I'll tell you now, the pineapple rods didn't work so I settled for chunks. I was in a rush. I'm trying to dodge a storm right now.

Here's a video. I'll make pictures in a bit! I already learned tying this type of meat will work so much better. I had to try to squeeze the pork loin together! Just an experiment if it fails maybe the other octofork owners will master this! It's already looking like a fail but awesome food!

[ame]https://youtu.be/fsGX011-TDU[/ame]

Alrighty well this rushed experiment isn't working out as planned. I'm loosing my chunks of pineapples. When they start rotating I've just grabbed them and squeezed all the juice over the pork loin! Will have to experiment further! I'll add finished pictures in a bit!

IMG_0555_zpsaffpjha1.jpg

Lookin good! Maybe wrap the bacon from the other direction.
What are the temps at the spit?

I used toothpick to hold the bacon onto the pork loin. This works but I lost the middle section of bacon.

No idea what the spit temp is. I don't do temps much anymore. Just cooking til its done.

If I had time and wasn't in a rush due to weather I would of done a bacon weave. This is a good trial run tho!

That's the Beauty of this site! BF put it out there for all to see and learn from. I've also posted many cooks that did not go just right. Got to tell you BF, I'll bet it turns out Great in the end. Also liking Kevin's Octoforks.

That's the Beauty of this site! BF put it out there for all to see and learn from. I've also posted many cooks that did not go just right. Got to tell you BF, I'll bet it turns out Great in the end. Also liking Kevin's Octoforks.

BF?????? What does that mean in that sentence? haha only one I could think of was Boyfriend.

So..... my night has went from great to real crap really fast all of a sudden. Started great, I went out of town to go fishing and caught some fish. Came home went to the store to get this meal. That's about as good as it gets!

Walked out of the store it was storming like hell. Decided to cook anyways. Got the food going everything was looking up from here. Well the pineapple thing didn't work, I dropped and broke my thermapop (not sure how), The missus's computer is taking a **** all of a sudden (Gotta fix it now) Sitting here saying "damn everything is going wrong so fast" Then I hear a big crash outside.

The wood splits fell off and the lid and the lid fell on the food. Almost caused the porkloin to pull right from the spit. Found out that my fire was a raging fire at that point all the bacon burnt to a crisp.

Here's a picture. I said screw it and threw it in the oven to finish it!
WHAT A CRAZY EVENING!!!

IMG_0557_zpsrxomuv30.jpg

BF?????? What does that mean in that sentence? haha only one I could think of was Boyfriend.

So..... my night has went from great to real crap really fast all of a sudden. Started great, I went out of town to go fishing and caught some fish. Came home went to the store to get this meal. That's about as good as it gets!

Walked out of the store it was storming like hell. Decided to cook anyways. Got the food going everything was looking up from here. Well the pineapple thing didn't work, I dropped and broke my thermapop (not sure how), The missus's computer is taking a **** all of a sudden (Gotta fix it now) Sitting here saying "damn everything is going wrong so fast" Then I hear a big crash outside.

The wood splits fell off and the lid and the lid fell on the food. Almost caused the porkloin to pull right from the spit. Found out that my fire was a raging fire at that point all the bacon burnt to a crisp.

Here's a picture. I said screw it and threw it in the oven to finish it!
WHAT A CRAZY EVENING!!!

IMG_0557_zpsrxomuv30.jpg

Well BF meant blazinfire. Duh. So now you have a fail. My Dad always told me it was the section between the rod handle and boatseat that count. Were adult beverages involved? :rolleyes:

I pulled the pork loin at 150ish. Letting it rest while I'm making some sides! Looks and smells good! Just wish I didn't lose the bacon and pineapples! I will be revisiting this!! Don't worry. I'll add finished pictures once I make a plate! :) No worries here. I haven't had a failed cook for a while. I was due for one! haha

What about cutting the Pineapple in long pieces to fit between the prongs then maybe wrapping it with twine??

This was my original idea and what I wanted to do but without the twine. I wanted to fit long pieces of pineapple to fit between the prongs. The pine apple just wasn't long enough. So I cut them and put chunks on each prong.

Next time. I will cut thick pieces to where the pineapple will sit on the pork loin. Then I'll tie it with twine around the porkloin and pineapple.

Well BF meant blazinfire. Duh. So now you have a fail. My Dad always told me it was the section between the rod handle and boatseat that count. Were adult beverages involved? :rolleyes:

Hahaha! Well I had no idea what BF meant. Didn't even cross my mind it was suppose to be Blazinfire! I really wish adult beverages were involved. would of made this story a little more interesting. I only enjoy adult beverages on occasion! Just a lot of frustration tonight

Last edited:
Alrighty! Well I haven't ate a bite yet. But it sure looks good! Not every day you see me fail hard on a meal! It happens. Shoot now that I think about it its kinda funny!
IMG_0558_zpscopxpxoo.jpg

Dang. This is weird. I was kinda hoping maybe Keith or someone would chime into this thread on ways to make this happen. Unless......... Everyone's trying to figure it out for them selves LOL

Back