Bacon-Wrapped Dates

DarkStar11

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Kevin
The other night I was watching a YouTube video from the Gabby's Grill dude, and he was making bacon-wrapped dates off to the side with something else. A quick googling came up with a couple oven recipes. Since they are bacon-wrapped and I was planning on doing MOINK balls for an app today, figured I'd wing it. There were 5 half-slices of bacon left, and since I really wasn't sure what I was doing, only 5 were made. The dates were stuffed with almonds and ricotta, wrapped in bacon, and sprinkled with John Henry's Pecan rub. Smoked at the same time as the MOINK balls. They were the best Easter candy ever!

EasterDates2.jpg

I've been involved with similar when I worked part time with a caterer years ago and they are delicious! Those look fantastic!

We really like stuffed dates off the smoker. Try them stuffed with goat cheese and a slice of pickled jalapeno and wrapped with prosciutto.

Those look divine! I've done dates with goat cheese and pecans. Not tried bacon wrapped, but I think I need to add it to my to-do list.

Back