THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PnkPanther

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
Adam
I wanted spare ribs, but grocer was out and my butcher only had frozen spares and I was cooking that day, didn't feel like making a third stop so sucked it up with Baby Backs

I wanted to see how the fornetto performed in winter, granted mild day MN winter wise (uppers 20's I think)

Seasoned up ribs from a local BBQ place selling their rubs and sauces my sister got me for Xmas. I've never been there, but happy a local restaurant got some $$

8uIk0kVl.jpg

Smoker up and running. It was siftting around 260 most of cook, spiked to 300 when I didn't latch door tight after checking on charcoal

L2IX2swl.jpg

About 90 minutes in, lets see how they look. My first time using hooks/hanging system. Not a huge fan with hangers integrated in lid to be honest, but narrow diameter only way to get ribs on without cutting them. For $65, I'll deal with it, but it's not a high point

LBAarQ5l.jpg

On the cutting board

UXZjLZKl.jpg

plated up, nice decent smoke ring. Good bite, cook went a bit faster than I expected so was eating at 5:15 (about 3 hour cook, didn't want to push it any further).

Rub was good. Pepper was strong, giving ribs almost jerky flavor (best way I can describe it). I think rub would be really good on beef, pork was pretty good, but feels more beef style. I have few ribs left over I'll cook in oven until extremely tender and bones pop out and make a sammie

Back