Baby backs on the fornetto

PnkPanther

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
Adam
I wanted spare ribs, but grocer was out and my butcher only had frozen spares and I was cooking that day, didn't feel like making a third stop so sucked it up with Baby Backs

I wanted to see how the fornetto performed in winter, granted mild day MN winter wise (uppers 20's I think)

Seasoned up ribs from a local BBQ place selling their rubs and sauces my sister got me for Xmas. I've never been there, but happy a local restaurant got some $$

8uIk0kVl.jpg

Smoker up and running. It was siftting around 260 most of cook, spiked to 300 when I didn't latch door tight after checking on charcoal

L2IX2swl.jpg

About 90 minutes in, lets see how they look. My first time using hooks/hanging system. Not a huge fan with hangers integrated in lid to be honest, but narrow diameter only way to get ribs on without cutting them. For $65, I'll deal with it, but it's not a high point

LBAarQ5l.jpg

On the cutting board

UXZjLZKl.jpg

plated up, nice decent smoke ring. Good bite, cook went a bit faster than I expected so was eating at 5:15 (about 3 hour cook, didn't want to push it any further).

Rub was good. Pepper was strong, giving ribs almost jerky flavor (best way I can describe it). I think rub would be really good on beef, pork was pretty good, but feels more beef style. I have few ribs left over I'll cook in oven until extremely tender and bones pop out and make a sammie

Back