Assassin Pellet Grill - First Thoughts

It looks like a solid cooker. Where did you source plate ribs from in Tulsa? All we can find are the back ribs.

Great looking smoker! A few questions... first how is the smoke on it? I have been looking at a Mak 1Star, but the price is a lot more than I wish to pay, so this looks to be a good alternative. Second, how are the hotspots? Do you notice a large temperature variation in different areas? Lastly, when are we going to see a video of this thing in action? lol thanks!

Hey Pig Power, I was glad to find an Assassin review on the forum. It is in my top 3 pellet grills of consideration. RIB RUB, I see you own the other 2 in my top 3, the Camp Chef and the MAK, although I am looking at the 1 Star due to cost. I am curious of your thoughts since you own 2 of the ones I like and you seem to like the Assassin too. The MAK is the one I'm drawn to for longevity and reliability, but the Assassin is looking like a beast and $650 cheaper than the MAK 1. I'm looking for user advice and experience to guide me while I save my $$$ to purchase my own. Thanks for any help you both can give.
Minglett22

Such a sweet grill. I was looking at the spreadsheet(thanks!) and I was shocked at the prices. I live in Canada and the ys480 is close to double the cost.... I went with the GMG awhile back and like it a lot.

I had my eye on the Assassin for a while, but ended up getting the Mak 1 Star because I wanted it to be able to grill on it also. The flamezone that Mak has is the reason I ended choosing it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I recently sold my Traeger Pro 34 and was looking at getting a better pellet smoker. I was looking at the Yoder and Pitts and Spitts. I think now I am going to get the Assassin. I like how it is built and the price point is right on. It will cost a lot of money to ship it from Georgia to Texas but will still be cheaper than the Pitts and Spitts and a little cheaper than the Yoder. Thanks!

I recently sold my Traeger Pro 34 and was looking at getting a better pellet smoker. I was looking at the Yoder and Pitts and Spitts. I think now I am going to get the Assassin. I like how it is built and the price point is right on. It will cost a lot of money to ship it from Georgia to Texas but will still be cheaper than the Pitts and Spitts and a little cheaper than the Yoder. Thanks!

Did you order it? Shipping cost which includes crating isn’t that bad. Mine should be here in the next week or two.

Saw my first Assassin Pellet Grill this weekend - was impressed. It was black, but your blue looks fantastic! How is the smoke flavor?

Back