Assassin heading west and quicker than expected.

He aka "Hamlit" shipped today! I have not heard the approximate arrival day yet but man I can't wait! My wife say's to me "Sorry honey but he's purty." Oh and the slam latch has been reversed. I ordered it upside down and it was mounted "the right way"..lol

It looks like I should expect the delivery on Wednesday next week! Nothing like taking it off one trailer just to put it on another......then head to a contest Thursday..lol The last time I did something similar, we ended up placing 29th in brisket and 19th overall out of 420 teams at the American Royal:)

For you that load/unload cookers of this size onto/into a trailer, any good tips? I was considering a winch (eventually), otherwise a few people and a prayer?..lol

happy Q'en

Phillip

UPS last recorded it in Memphis. Come on! Come to papa!...ha ha oh boy the next few days will be nuts! I have to get ready for the contest, coordinate a new plan now that we should be taking the new cooker with us, finish packing, and oh yeah torment myself with excitement while I/we wait..:icon_smile_tongue:

I hope it arrives son you can do a practice cook on it.

Have you considered a hand held winch or a pulley and rope system to load that rig?

Congrats! You are going to luv it. I have had mine for a while now and it is awesome! I have not used the water pan but plan to just see the difference.

I hope it arrives son you can do a practice cook on it.

Have you considered a hand held winch or a pulley and rope system to load that rig?

Me too!!!! Yes. In fact I was just telling my wife that today. Pray it arrives on time. The trailer leaves for the contest Thursday morning!

This just in!!!!

"Hamlit" has been scheduled for delivery:D Just in time to head out for the contest! Whoop! Whoop!

Phillip

Hamlit has arrived! WOW! This thing looks awesome! I have videos and pics but won't be able to post them until after I return from the contest! I will be posting stuff periodically during the weekend from the Music Brews and BBQ contest on my www.facebook.com/chefphillipdell page if you're curious. Stay tuned!!!!

Looks great man.

If you think the water pan is going to help with recovery, I wouldn't worry about that. The insulated walls will do more to aid recovery than the waterpan in this case.

Thanks Ajstrider!

I can't wait to fire it up!

Happy Q'en
Phillip

Enrico,

Value! After looking over all the options that were already included where others had as "add-ons" definitely helped the decision. While I really never read one bad thing about any of the other brands, I like the overall appearance of the Assassin. Having the firebox in the back was to my liking as well. I never spoke to any of the other companies personally, but the customer service was/is awesome. Value once again! More options for less money.

Happy Q'en

Phillip

Congrats on the new smoker Phillip! I am still cooking on the FEC100 I bought from you a few years back. Its still humming along. but I am due for an upgrade. Anxious to hear how this works for you, as it is one I am considering.

Bryan

Congrats on the new smoker Phillip! I am still cooking on the FEC100 I bought from you a few years back. Its still humming along. but I am due for an upgrade. Anxious to hear how this works for you, as it is one I am considering.

Bryan

Hey Bryan, awesome! Will do, should be an awesome first cook that is for sure. Nothing like breaking in a new cooker and using a new style for the first time at a contest..lol.

Phillip

Back