THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

He aka "Hamlit" shipped today! I have not heard the approximate arrival day yet but man I can't wait! My wife say's to me "Sorry honey but he's purty." Oh and the slam latch has been reversed. I ordered it upside down and it was mounted "the right way"..lol

It looks like I should expect the delivery on Wednesday next week! Nothing like taking it off one trailer just to put it on another......then head to a contest Thursday..lol The last time I did something similar, we ended up placing 29th in brisket and 19th overall out of 420 teams at the American Royal:)

For you that load/unload cookers of this size onto/into a trailer, any good tips? I was considering a winch (eventually), otherwise a few people and a prayer?..lol

happy Q'en

Phillip

UPS last recorded it in Memphis. Come on! Come to papa!...ha ha oh boy the next few days will be nuts! I have to get ready for the contest, coordinate a new plan now that we should be taking the new cooker with us, finish packing, and oh yeah torment myself with excitement while I/we wait..:icon_smile_tongue:

I hope it arrives son you can do a practice cook on it.

Have you considered a hand held winch or a pulley and rope system to load that rig?

Congrats! You are going to luv it. I have had mine for a while now and it is awesome! I have not used the water pan but plan to just see the difference.

I hope it arrives son you can do a practice cook on it.

Have you considered a hand held winch or a pulley and rope system to load that rig?

Me too!!!! Yes. In fact I was just telling my wife that today. Pray it arrives on time. The trailer leaves for the contest Thursday morning!

This just in!!!!

"Hamlit" has been scheduled for delivery:D Just in time to head out for the contest! Whoop! Whoop!

Phillip

Hamlit has arrived! WOW! This thing looks awesome! I have videos and pics but won't be able to post them until after I return from the contest! I will be posting stuff periodically during the weekend from the Music Brews and BBQ contest on my www.facebook.com/chefphillipdell page if you're curious. Stay tuned!!!!

Looks great man.

If you think the water pan is going to help with recovery, I wouldn't worry about that. The insulated walls will do more to aid recovery than the waterpan in this case.

Thanks Ajstrider!

I can't wait to fire it up!

Happy Q'en
Phillip

Enrico,

Value! After looking over all the options that were already included where others had as "add-ons" definitely helped the decision. While I really never read one bad thing about any of the other brands, I like the overall appearance of the Assassin. Having the firebox in the back was to my liking as well. I never spoke to any of the other companies personally, but the customer service was/is awesome. Value once again! More options for less money.

Happy Q'en

Phillip

Congrats on the new smoker Phillip! I am still cooking on the FEC100 I bought from you a few years back. Its still humming along. but I am due for an upgrade. Anxious to hear how this works for you, as it is one I am considering.

Bryan

Congrats on the new smoker Phillip! I am still cooking on the FEC100 I bought from you a few years back. Its still humming along. but I am due for an upgrade. Anxious to hear how this works for you, as it is one I am considering.

Bryan

Hey Bryan, awesome! Will do, should be an awesome first cook that is for sure. Nothing like breaking in a new cooker and using a new style for the first time at a contest..lol.

Phillip

Back