THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

legendaryhog

is Blowin Smoke!
I know this question has already been asked and I've searched through some older threads, but I'm looking for someone selling good gloves for handling hot food and pulling pork. I know there are a ton of different ones out there, but I use the gloves for so much now that they are basically my most used tool.

A few caveats, they need to be flexible enough so that you can pull pork, chicken, etc, not get hot when you do so (that pork is hot!), and I'd like them to be dishwasher friendly (ie, can't be lined with fabric).

I left my old ones out in the sun one hot day (for like the whole day) and the rubber degraded. They weren't the greatest anyway. My current ones are dishwasher safe, but I'm using silicone oven mitts, and although they clean up super easy, they are a total pain to use. No dexterity.

Suggestions?

I've been using those gloves with Nitrile gloves from Sam's together for over 6 months without any issues. Now I use different gloves if I'm pulling the heat deflector out of my KJ hot or messing with hot racks in the cookers, but I use the two gloves for pulling pans, handling food, etc. with no issues. But these aren't going to do much if you grab a hot cast iron skillet or anything. It can't handle that kind of heat.

I use these: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007ZGURK/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]Amazon.com : Steven Raichlen Best of Barbecue Insulated Food Gloves, Pair : Bbq Gloves : Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

They work very well, and for cleanup I just wash them like I would my hands while wearing them with soap. Super easy. And for 17 bucks hard to beat.

I use these: Amazon.com : Steven Raichlen Best of Barbecue Insulated Food Gloves, Pair : Bbq Gloves : Patio, Lawn & Garden

They work very well, and for cleanup I just wash them like I would my hands while wearing them with soap. Super easy. And for 17 bucks hard to beat.
I have used something similar, but the BPS gloves allow for much more dexterity and getting a feel of the meat. That is very important if you are going to cook any comps. Plus I just like the feeling like I'm using my hands and not getting burned, where you "feel" the gloves with thicker gloves.

Back