Anyone ever try grilling eggs in the shell?

It’ll work but if you use anything other than a gasser smoke will enter through the shell and turn the egg white a milky brown, it’s not real appetizing.

Hmm... 15 minutes at 350. Ninja?
Yeah, Ninja seems perfect for the job. Says use room temp eggs. With the convection fan I'm thinking cut the cook time down to 12 minutes at 350 on the bake setting. Not going to use any pellets the 1st time. Going to put the eggs on a piece of foil, just in case.

I've done a LOT of things just because.
This won't be one of them.
Grandmas (and other old people) did stuff because they had fewer options.
As broke as I am- I got options.

I have a friend who roasts an egg on the (gas) grill every passover. Supposedly that was the traditional method, but I think most people boil them nowadays.

I've been tempted to cold smoke already boiled eggs to make deviled eggs, but I never have gotten around to it. I've heard from several people that actually cooking the eggs in the smoker isn't that great.

I've been tempted to cold smoke already boiled eggs to make deviled eggs, but I never have gotten around to it. I've heard from several people that actually cooking the eggs in the smoker isn't that great.
Can picture that. Going to tryout the cook method without pellets first to see how it goes. If successful, will try pellets later.

I cold smoke them every so often. They make great deviled eggs. I use them in Pho too.

eJ5ER5u.jpg

3sk0rzT.png

venison pho

iROQRPU.png

cicrAu3.png

I cold smoke them every so often. They make great deviled eggs. I use them in Pho too.

Oooo... I never thought to try them in Pho! Thanks Jeanie for adding to my ever expanding "to-do" list! :mad: lol. I will have to try this once the weather gets cool enough to allow cold smoking again. :thumb:

Back