THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kriss

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
And if u have injected tri tip what did u use? How about any good marinades?

Thanks guys!

All the time.....
This one was injected w/ creole butter & deep fried....

P1010004_1.jpg

P1010005_1.jpg

P1010012_1.jpg

P1010028_1.jpg

P1010036.jpg

You can use any kind of marinade.....if it has little bits of stuff, just strain so it doesn't clog the injector.....herb & garlic, lemon pepper, anything really.....

Pump it full....you'll lose some, so maybe a drip pan, but it stays pretty juiced.....

AfferMemorialsJuly2012066.jpg

I have not injected but I have glazed tri-tip and beef short ribs with 1 tablespoon better than bullion, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, and 1 tablespoon yellow mustard. I think the recipe comes from Serious Bbq by APL

I haven't tried to inject it or marinate it, but then I love the taste and tenderness I get with just SPOG and W sauce... Not saying don't try it, I just love it that way...

I did make a Habanero Lime Crema dipping sauce for it once and it reminded us of eating prime rib...

My go to marinade is italian dressing, or if I inject, favorite is Chaka's Mmm Sauce [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Chakas-MMM-Sauce-Original-Recipe/dp/B000E4AMUA#"]Amazon.com : Chaka's MMM Sauce - Original Recipe - 1/4 Case : Barbecue Sauces : Grocery & Gourmet Food@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41ZqktjaxuL.@@AMEPARAM@@41ZqktjaxuL[/ame]

I do tri-tip a lot. I don't inject or marinade. I use rubs. Usually cook 2 tri-tip each time so I rub one with Minced garlic, fresh ground black pepper, kosher salt, a little onion powder and cumin. The other just some Montreal seasoning. Wrap them up for a few hours and throw them in the smoker for 3.5 hrs at 250 or until the center is at 145F

Back