THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks for the reviews. Just so y'all know, tomorrow is my birthday and they sound like they would make excellent birthday presents. :)

I AM KIDDING. I'm not allowed to have knives where I am anyway.

Just in case I forget, ( hardly ever happens to me :rolleyes: ) have a happy birthday Dan. Hope and pray that your stay at Warm Springs brings you some relief, and that you get some special treatment on your Birthday.

Birthday blessings, :pray:

Omar

The Germans and the Japanese have been making the best sharp edged instruments for centuies. Even in my business (hair business) you know your better off buying German or Japanese. Henckels are excellent knives. I have a block full and love em!

Haven't tried those particular knives...I've owned full tang Henckels, Wustoff. For Scouts, we do a lot of cooking and the Troop knives were terrible. Didn't want to bring my good knives from home, so I bought some Victorinox knives based on price and Cooks Illustrated review.

The Victorinox are sharp out of the box and take and edge well. I like them enough that I bought another set for home!
Non-Woot Example: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Victorinox-Fibrox-8-Inch-40520-5-2063-20/dp/B000638D32"]Amazon.com: Victorinox Fibrox 8-Inch Chef's Knife 40520, 47520, 45520, 5.2063.20: Chefs Knives: Kitchen & Dining@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21gs9dXkWTL.@@AMEPARAM@@21gs9dXkWTL[/ame]

Bruce

woot has changed a bit since the beginning. They now have different categories, so there is more than one item to sell per day. The descriptions are still worth reading. Yes, still have woot offs. And i've been trying for a boc since 2005. I could have had one,last week,,but i didn't even have the three bucks for it - or the five dollar shipping. One of these days, a boc will be mine...flying monkey and all. :clap2:

boc?

Henkel's has quite a few different lines of knives made all over world which means not all have German steel and of course one line is better than another. Which is the top ...?

Another thumbs up from a Henckels Pro S set owner. Needed to go with them for the 10" chef's knife which fits perfect in my large palm, small fingered hand.

Back