Any of y'all got an LSG Pellet Pooper?

What was pit builders name that opened carried a 1911 in his cooker demo YouTube videos? Last I saw of him he was making a pellet cooker

Last edited:
That's it. Ritchie Robin and Gator Pits. I enjoyed his videos of years ago. May be time to revisit

That one is a 1911......... the pellet grill video - no grip safety or external hammer

As the song and my son tell me, I'm one or two years and a couple of changes behind. I was knocked sideways when it said this video is 10 years old

Any of y'all that have the LSG pooper - did you upgrade from a lesser pooper?

Big Difference or Little Difference in Bark, Smoke Flavor, Pellet Usage?

Easier or Harder to Clean ?

Glad you asked this question. I've wondered about this pellet smoker for awhile myself. The LSG Facebook group is loaded with positive reviews on them. I'm curious to see how they hold up using wood chips instead of pellets.

I have a Pitts and Spitts Maverick 1250 pellet grill and I tried the LSG wood chips mixed in with the pellets. Worked great and added more smore to my ribs for the first 4 hours and then jammed the auger tight.

I visited LSG and looked at their pellet grill wondering what they do different. The LSG auger is a looser fit and only pushes the pellets out a few inches and they fall into a funnel that allows them to fall into the burn pot. This is why LSG pellet grills can handle the woodchips and others cannot. I suspect they will not have any problems with adding woodchips to the pellets.

FYI - I like my P&S pellet grill a lot but if I had to get another I would probably get the LSG one.

I've had 3 Memphis pellet grills and currently have a cheap CampChef vertical pellet smoker, and currently waiting for my 20x42 LSG pellet smoker. 5 weeks to go.

So no experience here, but have done a lot of research.
They use a Fireboard controller that somehow provide a steady stream of light blue smoke throughout the cook.
IMO the Fireboard controller is the best out there.

As for easy to clean, I don't think any expanded metal grate is easy to clean on any grill.
I will be getting the the SS laser cut grates - expensive, but much easier to clean.

For ash removal, couldn't be simpler.
Burn pot is outside the cook chamber.
Two clamps release it an is slides out for dumping.
Occasionally you will have to remove any ash from inside.

For grease cleaning, it is designed to collect on left side in a a reservoir.
To drain it, open the valve under the area and drain into a bucket.
I intend to keep the valve open during cooks to avoid any build up of grease in the reservoir.
Like ash remove inside, you need to clean the reservoir periodically.

For pellet consumption, couldn't find anyone that had done that.
I plan on doing that as one of the first things.
40# hopper - is a bonus, or a necessity. Will find that out when I test.

I would expect the bark to be same as any other grill.
Depends on how you like it, and how you cook the meat.

And last, smoke flavor. Not having an LSG yet, I can't speak to that.
With the continuous light blue smoke, I would expect a good smoke flavor.
But then that is subjective, as everyone's taste buds are different.

Hope that helps.

I have a Pitts and Spitts Maverick 1250 pellet grill and I tried the LSG wood chips mixed in with the pellets. Worked great and added more smore to my ribs for the first 4 hours and then jammed the auger tight.

I visited LSG and looked at their pellet grill wondering what they do different. The LSG auger is a looser fit and only pushes the pellets out a few inches and they fall into a funnel that allows them to fall into the burn pot. This is why LSG pellet grills can handle the woodchips and others cannot. I suspect they will not have any problems with adding woodchips to the pellets.

FYI - I like my P&S pellet grill a lot but if I had to get another I would probably get the LSG one.

LSG auger is short for one, only 8".
Main reason though, is the auger has a hollow center, where most others do not.

I made a long reply to answer your questions, but being a newbie, apparently a long reply has to be "reviewed by a moderator" before it is posted.

Stay tuned...

I been cruising the LSG Pellet Pooper FB page.......

yvKKUVWl.png

BPFgTxdl.png

cKbv1IEl.png

Back