THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S

SmooveB

After much research, I've settled on ordering a 5-drawer FATBOY. Never having used one, is there any advice from some of the more experienced people here that have hands-on with one?
Thanks in advance!

Disclaimer:
I do not have one, nor have I ever cooked on one!

I recommend you learn fire control - the very first thing. Try different fuel loads, settings of intake and exhaust, etc. Also check the accuracy of the thermometer(s) you have in it. You can either learn while cooking or just put a known good thermometer in there on various racks. Have a blast!

Arlin

Take up golf with all your spare time :razz:

Does it have a hide setter? If so, you might want to wrap it with foil just so it doesnt get all gunked up.

Send it to my house, I will test it out and send you video's on exactly how to cook in it. When the thing is nice and seasoned, I will send it back to you.
Thanks

Dont rush the cooker to get up to temp, make a small fire and let it come up slowly.

It will take a wile, but you can then get it to settle in easy and not worry about running hot.
Have fun learning the new cooker.

Back