THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gave away a Ranch Kettle and a Gen2 Performer to my brother and sil. A gen 3 Performer to an uncle. Another to a cousin. Shipped off my 6 burner Brinkmann gasser (freaking workhorse) along with a Weber Genny Silver C.

That leaves me with 2 Smoke Hollow 44" smokers, 2 Weber Genny Gold C's, a Weber Summit 650 6 burner, a Ranch kettle, a 26.76" MiniRanch, a OTG, a OTS, a Red '72 3 wheeler, a Smokey Joe Silver, a Jumbo Joe, a Blackstone 36" and a Camp Chef 3 burner with a 36" griddle.

Nope, 1 just wouldn't do it.

I wish I could get it down to just one or even just a couple. I like trying out new stuff and find things that I like about everything I have. There are others out there that I would like to have but I need to reduce quite a few things before I buy more. Here is what I have.

Good One Marshall
Good One Open Range
Good One one off Tailgate grill/smoker (half the size of a Patio Jr.)
2007 Weber Performer
1995 Red Weber Performer
New 22" Weber Master touch
New 22" Weber OTS
Weber Jumbo Joe
2 Weber Smokey Joe's
18" Weber OTS(fiance's son using that)
Red Weber Genesis 1000 gas grill
Weber Silver A gas grill
WGA
18" & 14" WSM's
PBC
22" & 14" Old Smokey grills
Original style PK grill
PK360 grill
and a crap load of grill accessories.

I need to get rid of some stuff because I don't use most of it on a regular basis but it's hard for me to decide which ones that would be. I have definitely gone overboard for sure.

Wayne

The correct number is: the number of cookers your wife will let you have (if you feel compelled to sleep with one eye open, you MAY be treading that fine line)

Nuco59 got it spot on the mark! I used to have 4 and if it was up to me, I would've kept each one. I'm over the moon happy with my Shirley but I'll confess that I'm still searching for some sort of Holy Grail cooker.

Interesting question.
I have never counted them, so gonna do it here

WSM 14"
old weber 18"
Cadac charcoal 22" (hardly ever use it, takes a lot of charcoal, great for christmas turkey though)
14" baby kettle of obscure brand and quality
foldable note book braai
cold smoke generator
cold smoker turned into hot smoker
2 potjie burners
multiple braziers
half drum grill
old gasbottle made into grill
gasbottles, skottles, grill pans etc etc

Currently looking for a gas pizza thingy, or getting one of the kettles set up for pizza

Maybe I got too much :confused:

My dogs are not complaining though....

No....the answer is just simply NO.........

P1010020_1.jpg

P1010006.jpg

P1010005.jpg

Jan29Danaedad064.jpg

I could get by with one.

It would have wheels and a trailer hitch though, and there *may* be more than one firebox...

I do most of my cooks on my oldest kettle. Usually, the other kettle is only used for burgers and/or hot dogs for visiting kids.

I feel like this pretty much applies to any hobby. Can I have just one vehicle, one golf club, one gun, one smoker ect?? Of course not! If they made the perfect “one” for all occasions we would all get bored eventually. I need variety! It’s a full time job convincing my wife though…..:-D

Back