THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I currently have 7, down from 9:

Kingsford Oval
22 Weber OTG
UDS
Vision Kamado
Small BGE
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28 inch griddle

I sold my custom BPS drum and PBC last year because I never used them. I'll probably sell the BGE, but plan on replacing it with a Santa Maria grill in the near future.

If I was told I could only keep 3, it would be a terribly difficult decision as I use the cookers in my current lineup regularly. Fortunately, I don't have to make that decision...:thumb:

I had no idea people had so many grills/smokers/cookers - I thought I had a lot at 3 but seems like I am a slacker! I only use two of them - well cook on 2 of them My gasser is used only to light charcoal in my chimney - they are great for that! My li'l webber gets used almost daily and my K weekly

I have 2 right now, one is just a straight forward charcoal grill for burgers and dogs and the Traeger.

Going to deploy next year and when I get back I'm either going to sell the Traeger and get a comp ys 640 or buy a BPS edition Gateway. Haven't decided which way to go. Ys has tons more room than my lil tex but the hot and fast brisket thing really has my interest as wel on the drum.

I have a kettle and a 640. I am happy with what i have. I would love to upgrade the kettle to a summit though and one day add a shirley just for show..

Well let's see...

Yoder YS 1500
Southern Pride SPK 1000
Assassin 28
Assassin stretch grill
Traeger lil' pig
Kamado
Weber kettle
Hibachi
and coming next week, a Klose 20x30 offset (This one really means a lot to me. Story forthcoming).

So, to the OP, nope, only one just won't cut it..lol

My other hobby, note the charcoal :clap2: Just like with cookers they all get used for different purposes and what is more efficient for what I'm trying to do. Or if I'm just bored :becky:

Attachments

• IMG_0961.jpg
    IMG_0961.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0962.jpg
    IMG_0962.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 98
I have an offset with warmer and a fire pit... Do I need more? IMO, YES, in the wife's opinion hell NO! I have dreamed about a Yoder pellet pooper and a Backstone and a wood fired pizza oven and a...

I had only 1 for 7 years, then I got a second, then a year later the 3rd and 5 more within the next two years - so the rate of grill acquisition increases exponentially.

Up to 8 Grills/smokers - well 9 if you count the fire pit
(1) XL Egg
(2) Large Eggs
(1) Small Egg
(1) Mini-Max
(1) Mini
(1) Gasser (came with house)
(1) Oklahoma Joe (came with house)
(1) Fire Pit Grill

One of anything is never enough! While new to the BBQ bug, I'm doing both so I'm definitely in trouble. 6 Guitars, 4 Amp's, Various Pedals and other music things, a gasser, a 22" WSM, and a beast of a Stumps sitting in my garage waiting to be refurbished.

LOL! I hear you!

15 guitars, 6 amps, a full PA, and more sundry guitar gear than I can shake a stick at.

I'm working on the cookers now...I'm at 4. :becky:

Ok, my name is john, and I have a serious problem:

1 ranch kettle
2 26.75 OTG's
5 BGEs (XL, L, M, S, Mini)
4 WSMs (22,18, 14,14)
2 weber genesis
3 jumbo joes
1 WGA
1 22 OTG
1 bubba keg
1 blackstone 36"
1 blackstone 17"
1 blackstone pizza oven
1 weber q200

I stopped on the last used 26.75 that I brought home, I opened the shed to put it in there and there was no room. I have a grill or two stored at friends and relatives houses, but I'm done, officially done. Its time to start selling some of them and check myself into a clinic for help. I mean I am totally done, after I get this:

https://www.firedisccookers.com/

Ok, my name is john, and I have a serious problem:

1 ranch kettle
2 26.75 OTG's
5 BGEs (XL, L, M, S, Mini)
4 WSMs (22,18, 14,14)
2 weber genesis
3 jumbo joes
1 WGA
1 22 OTG
1 bubba keg
1 blackstone 36"
1 blackstone 17"
1 blackstone pizza oven
1 weber q200

I stopped on the last used 26.75 that I brought home, I opened the shed to put it in there and there was no room. I have a grill or two stored at friends and relatives houses, but I'm done, officially done. Its time to start selling some of them and check myself into a clinic for help. I mean I am totally done, after I get this:

https://www.firedisccookers.com/

Oh, and one smokin-it #3. Yep, forgot about that one.

Haha!! Love the guitar overlap. I had 3 and then I drew down to 1 with pressure from the wife. When I started to tell my guitar buddy, he cut me off mid sentence, and said "I already know what you're going to say and you don't have to explain!" I think he's got a half dozen guitars including a homemade one that he made himself!!

LOL! I hear you!

15 guitars, 6 amps, a full PA, and more sundry guitar gear than I can shake a stick at.

I'm working on the cookers now...I'm at 4. :becky:

I'm on the cookers for a while too...that's because I bought a $1800 Friedman head recently and said I won't buy any more music gear! 4 years zero percent financing is my downfall every time.

I am down to 8 cookers. Sold a couple gave a couple away a couple. Still want more.

Funny you guys mention music gear. I can't play anything but my kid had a band. I have 4 amps from practice to half stack. 4 guitars, drum set, 2 basses, pa, mics, pedals, wireless and some stuff I can't remember. All hobbies get out of hand.

I have Weber kettle, WSM and a stickburner...got a Shirley trailer on order.

Once upon a time I played some instruments...bought a Roland D-50 keyboard back in '88 right after it came out and was at the top of the keyboard food chain (I had to have it because it is what Phil Collins played on stage)...sold it in 2001. Bought and sold a Washburn D10 acoustic guitar with a Slimline pickup about 10 years ago. Still have an Ovation roundback 12 string that I haven't played in over 2 years...have a friend that uses it some when he gigs at some local joints. Had that thing for over 20...

Tough to play once you get arthritis in your fingers/joints. :sad:

Last edited:
Back