Another Brisket Try

Also, could it be that your expectations are not realistic? I love brisket and there are times I just don't want to eat the flat because it is just not super moist, even when probing tender. Give me the point and use the flat for other chit!

I hear you..That was my thinking also.
DanB

Dan, do you have any more pics of the brisket slices ? Also, did the slices have a little pull tug to them ? Or did they just fall apart when tugged ?

Just trying to nail things down because both undercooked and overcooked brisket can be dry. The more undercooked it is, the more tug it will have. When it's overcooked, it tends to be crumbly and falls apart. A third option is if it spent too much time in foil, it will be mush, but usually, mushy brisket is still very moist.

Brisket

Dan, do you have any more pics of the brisket slices ? Also, did the slices have a little pull tug to them ? Or did they just fall apart when tugged ?

Just trying to nail things down because both undercooked and overcooked brisket can be dry. The more undercooked it is, the more tug it will have. When it's overcooked, it tends to be crumbly and falls apart. A third option is if it spent too much time in foil, it will be mush, but usually, mushy brisket is still very moist.

Hi The brisket was definitely not undercooked. Also not mushy at all. I was able to eat with just a fork. It was tasty and tender, not bad when I added the au jus..Just got to keep trying till I get it right or more to my liking.

DanB

Back