THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I was trying to post some pics that I have hosted on this site, but they're Yuuuuuge and so I deleted them from this thread. I have to figure out how to re-size them, which I don't think I can do once they're saved on this site...

I want to spin that roti this weekend, and want to post the pics of this awesome ring brother Matt hooked me up with.

Thanks for sharing your build. I learned a thing or two and really like the door. What are you using for vents to stoke the fire in the barrel? Does the Weber lid fit on that barrel without modifications?

I'm so sorry I can't get smaller pics to post. I'll figure it out hopefully today.

The door is the vent, but 95% of the time the door is closed. I feed the fire thru the door, tend it thru the door, but it stays closed otherwise.

The Weber dome lid fits the swing grate ring, since that was a custom fab part. I don't / haven't used the lid straight on the drum.

I'm so sorry I can't get smaller pics to post. I'll figure it out hopefully today.

The door is the vent, but 95% of the time the door is closed. I feed the fire thru the door, tend it thru the door, but it stays closed otherwise.

The Weber dome lid fits the swing grate ring, since that was a custom fab part. I don't / haven't used the lid straight on the drum.
Depending on the cook for what heat I want, size splits and coal base my door has been cracked about 1/2 of the time and stays open until the fire is going. Most of the time it's not cracked far, Maybe just as far as the latch catch goes. I love how you can control the air with the door...soooo much nicer than using the regular intakes.

Back