American Badass Grills

Companies like What.? That take Pride in American Made.? Or the 5 Easy payments.?

I served this country proudly...USMC active duty 8 years. I am all about some Made in USA products. Nothing wrong with a company "like that"!

Maybe that came out wrong. I LOVE stuff that is made in the USA. And those who have served our country, so thank you and the others out there. :cool:

But you see these products out there that their only calling card is slapping a flag sticker on a POS product. Maybe that isn't the case here, but having Kid Rock and the name "Bad Ass" just seems patronizing to us in Middle America. :wacko:

I'm not sure the best way to explain it, but it just seems fake. Or forced. Or insincere. Like how you can slap a Cross sticker on a book of matches and it'll sell like crazy to the Evangelicals. Or put Bill Dance's face on a five gallon bucket and Bass Pro will sell out of them.

Maybe not here. Maybe these guys are good old boys who have a new innovative product, and my skepticism caused me to misjudge them.

Or maybe I just need a drink and a few days off work :tape:

Maybe that came out wrong. I LOVE stuff that is made in the USA. And those who have served our country, so thank you and the others out there. :cool:

But you see these products out there that their only calling card is slapping a flag sticker on a POS product. Maybe that isn't the case here, but having Kid Rock and the name "Bad Ass" just seems patronizing to us in Middle America. :wacko:

I'm not sure the best way to explain it, but it just seems fake. Or forced. Or insincere. Like how you can slap a Cross sticker on a book of matches and it'll sell like crazy to the Evangelicals. Or put Bill Dance's face on a five gallon bucket and Bass Pro will sell out of them.

Maybe not here. Maybe these guys are good old boys who have a new innovative product, and my skepticism caused me to misjudge them.

Or maybe I just need a drink and a few days off work :tape:

I like Kid Rock .I don't like all his music (some of the early stuff sucked or too raunchy) but I like a lot of it but even if I didn't like his music I would like him because he's not fake when it comes to American Pride, Supporting the Troops and he is a music lover. He likes all types of music and knows a ton of music/artists. He has done a cpl USO Tours- the first one they said they didn't have the money to send him -probably because they didn't think he was the right type - he pulled out his checkbook and offered a donation (atleast that's the story I read). The last four or five years he has done a tour every summer in which he kept the ticket prices at $80 or something and his general admission tickets he capped at $40 or $50 he also put a max price concessions . Most Big concerts are a $100 to $250 a ticket, some up to $400. I have not been to a Kid Rock concert but I may go next time around.
I've been wanting a small,portable grill so I am going to order this grill next payday- and I'll let y'all know how it is.

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7ecE1oa7j2M[/ame]

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=al82fTl_MLU[/ame]

Last edited:
FWIW I think "Bad Ass" is a KidRock "brand"; pretty sure he has/had a chain of bars/restaurants specializing in sausage sandwiches & burgers with the "Bad Ass Burger" being the flagship, he has a brewery making "Bad Ass Beer(s)" and at one time he had a muscle car restoration shop putting out the "Bad Ass Lincoln" and "Bad Ass Goat (GTO)", among others. I believe all these ventures are in his local home town employing folks from the neighborhood and focusing on Made in America products. The Bad Ass Grills seem to follow suit.

Besides - In my Mind- I'm an American BadAss so I gotta get one......... :mrgreen:

Couldn't have said it better myself!

I had the opportunity to meet Kid Rock 20+ years ago, when I was stationed at Camp Pendleton. (Not that he'd remember me or anything.) I was working weekends for a company that provided security for concerts and other events...Worked a couple of his smaller shows in his early days. Like Smitty said, some of the earlier stuff was less than great. But his love for America and the troops is as true as mine. All the more reason I need to get one of these Badass tailgaters.

I like Kid Rock .I don't like all his music (some of the early stuff sucked or too raunchy) but I like a lot of it but even if I didn't like his music I would like him because he's not fake when it comes to American Pride, Supporting the Troops and he is a music lover. He likes all types of music and knows a ton of music/artists. He has done a cpl USO Tours- the first one they said they didn't have the money to send him -probably because they didn't think he was the right type - he pulled out his checkbook and offered a donation (atleast that's the story I read). The last four or five years he has done a tour every summer in which he kept the ticket prices at $80 or something and his general admission tickets he capped at $40 or $50 he also put a max price concessions . Most Big concerts are a $100 to $250 a ticket, some up to $400. I have not been to a Kid Rock concert but I may go next time around.
I've been wanting a small,portable grill so I am going to order this grill next payday- and I'll let y'all know how it is.

Multiple $20 a ticket max, $4 a beer shows here a year. Im not a fan of his music but he seems like a good dude. Takes pride in Detroit as well as USA. He will randomly pop into places once a while and do a little show for fun. Or guest sing at shows.

Kid Rock American Grill

What do you all think? I thought the legs or stands look pretty flimsy. For a hundred bucks, I may just pass????:confused::confused::confused:

Doesn't look half bad imo. Assuming it isn't made of flimsy tin, I bet it will work well. Might have to order one to give it a whirl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back