Amazon-Interesting Cast Iron Skillet- almost 1/2off

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Pretty cool skillet. Besides the obvious cornbread- I can think of quite a few things to use this for. Meatloaf- individual smoked/baked spaghetti with a meatball on top- smoked brownies- different smoked dips.

As usual the Amazon reviews are interesting and some detail personal methods of cast iron care and curing. Really good and varied process. Keep em clean dry and oiled. I'm not going to order as I'm slowly gifting my CI to son and DIL- this would make a good stocking stuffer or wedding gift.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00063RXK6/ref=mp_s_a_1_57?ie=UTF8&qid=1501240201&sr=8-57&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=lodge+cast+iron&dpPl=1&dpID=41rrvIls3wL&ref=plSrch[/ame]

Last edited:
Lodge and BSR started making these in the 70's I believe. They can be pretty useful but can also be a pain to clean. Always be careful with tomato based products in CI also as the acid will break down the seasoning.

I've got one. As mentioned, they're a pain to clean and get the wedges out. Never use it any more, it's easier making cornbread in a regular CI skillet. I vaguely remember that if using cornbread mix (like Jiffy), it all doesn't fit into this pan.

Thanks for posting. I just ordered one. The wife has been using a cast iron skillet to make corn bread and I think this will work out fine. She said the trick to keep from sticking is to lightly oil and then preheat the skillet before adding the cornbread mix. This will form a crust and it normally always pops right out. Sometimes she will add some creamed corn to the mix to make it less dry. Making me hungry for some have to see it she will make some for supper if I cook some Q tonight.

Interesting but small. Seems to be true statement. Think of cowgirls individual stuffed salmon in those segments-shrimp scampi- spinach artichoke dip- fajita fixings- shrimp and grits- stacked turkey dinners ;dressing-turkey-cranberry-hominy-potatoes stacked. Smoked catfish cakes.

Like I said, not for me- but someone with talent could rock this segmented skillet in taste and presentation. And anything that will last a couple generations for $14??? Awesomeness

Back