THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just a little feedback on the ribs. Give them a light coating of sauce to make them shine. And, unless you know that you will be using a half pan for turn ins, you may want to get some 9x9 styrofoam containers, which are the standard for KCBS and most backyard comps and use them for practice.

I know they're expensive, but you almost have to have a Cambro/ Carlisle. The Carlisle from amazon are rather affordable. You can use coolers/ moving blankets to hold meat, but they just plane do not work as well as a cambro. I fought this for years, and truly our scores got better when we got a cambro. It's also nice to have ribs done by 11:15-11:30 and not have to worry about them getting cold. Pork is done at 10:30 brisket at 11. that way the only thing on the grill getting closet to turn-ins is chicken. much less hectic.

I know they're expensive, but you almost have to have a Cambro/ Carlisle. The Carlisle from amazon are rather affordable. You can use coolers/ moving blankets to hold meat, but they just plane do not work as well as a cambro. I fought this for years, and truly our scores got better when we got a cambro. It's also nice to have ribs done by 11:15-11:30 and not have to worry about them getting cold. Pork is done at 10:30 brisket at 11. that way the only thing on the grill getting closet to turn-ins is chicken. much less hectic.

+1 on this. I fought buying a cambro also but it made the last 2-3 hours before turn ins so much better

If you don't have money for a cambro, try using a welding blanket to wrap up the food and then towels before putting meat in a faux cambro setup. It made a big difference for us with welding blankets. The meat held temp better and we got calls too. Just what worked for us keeping the meat at a safe temp.

Amazon lists the Cambro and the Carlisle at about the same price - around the $190 mark. I didn't price pans. This is something I'll consider.

Back