THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ther00k

Knows what a fatty is.
Hello,

Ive read all the posts about Humphreys and Im finally going to pull the trigger. What I havent seen on here though is if the stainless steel options are worth it. Im thinking of getting the stainless doors and face frame to help with clean up and protect the frame from paint bubbling. What are you guys opinion? Should I just save the money on upgrades?

The SS upgrades are great, but you will still have a great cooker without them. It all depends on your budget. I went with the SS cooking grates because of the easy clean up and no need to keep them seasoned. You might want to look at their Elite series. SS doors and face frames and nice upgrades and they are stock units so no waiting.

I'm on the same fence as you. It's a $700 difference which is pretty steep. It comes down to this for me. If this smoker is going to be in your arsenal for many years to come, invest in the SS.

Depends on your Budget and Wants. I'd spend the extra to go up in size maybe. Say a Pint with no Stainless vs. a Battle Box with Stainless..........

I'm with smitty. I wouldn't worry about rust on visible surfaces. That you can see and deal with. I'd be more concerned about what's going on between the walls that you can't see. That's where I would want SS.

For me on the DEB, I chose the SS door and also did SS racks. Not only preferred the look but the post-cook clean up is easier. Whatever you decide, you'll enjoy the product and dealing with anyone using them.

Sorry, I left this bit of info out. I ordered a 5" Tel Tru thermometer for the DEB door. Love the ease of reading from inside the house during winter time smokes.

Back