THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bob C Cue

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I mentioned the other day in BBQ Bacon's sourdough baguette thread that I was excited to try a ciabatta roll recipe I found on YouTube. Well I gave it a go today and am very happy with the results.

The video is from John Kirkwood and is very detailed. I followed it to the letter including using a 100% cotton pillowcase for the Baker's Couche. Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Iod0m7rDyY&t

As you will see from the photos, these produced real "artisan" quality rolls. You may not know it but Webster defines artisan as "oddly misshapen." So I think you can say I really nailed them.

But seriously, I was delighted with the way they came out: a good rise, crackling crust, large holes and very tasty. I think they could have been left in the oven for a few more minutes to brown them a bit more and will give that a go next time. Within a half hour of them coming out of the oven I made myself a ham and cheese sandwich and I really enjoyed it.

I have been looking awhile for a good ciabatta roll recipe and I think I've found it.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

Looks fabulous Bob C! I am envious of your buns! I have not done ciabata yet...bit a ham n cheese will definitely be on my agenda.

Looks delicious, and thanks for the link. I just returned from a 2 hr detour it took me on through that youtube channel. That guy has really got some good videos on there.

Those look quite mouth-watering, old chap! Thanks for posting this, will have to give them a try.

We've found ciabatta rolls when halved, to be the perfect base for garlic bread with all the nooks and crannies for the garlicky butter to seep through. Add a light dusting of paprika for color, and some Parmesan and pop in the oven to crisp up. A true keto lover's paradise!

Last evening one of the cooking shows a cook utilized ciabatta bread to make a sandwich called The Castro. Looked like my High Plains Cuban :-D
He used oil instead of butter when grilling and smashing the pork, ham cheese etc

Back