A very good ciabatta roll recipe

Bob C Cue

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I mentioned the other day in BBQ Bacon's sourdough baguette thread that I was excited to try a ciabatta roll recipe I found on YouTube. Well I gave it a go today and am very happy with the results.

The video is from John Kirkwood and is very detailed. I followed it to the letter including using a 100% cotton pillowcase for the Baker's Couche. Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Iod0m7rDyY&t

As you will see from the photos, these produced real "artisan" quality rolls. You may not know it but Webster defines artisan as "oddly misshapen." So I think you can say I really nailed them.

But seriously, I was delighted with the way they came out: a good rise, crackling crust, large holes and very tasty. I think they could have been left in the oven for a few more minutes to brown them a bit more and will give that a go next time. Within a half hour of them coming out of the oven I made myself a ham and cheese sandwich and I really enjoyed it.

I have been looking awhile for a good ciabatta roll recipe and I think I've found it.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 20210220_130542.jpg
    20210220_130542.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 164
  • 20210220_130809.jpg
    20210220_130809.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 161
Looks fabulous Bob C! I am envious of your buns! I have not done ciabata yet...bit a ham n cheese will definitely be on my agenda.

Looks delicious, and thanks for the link. I just returned from a 2 hr detour it took me on through that youtube channel. That guy has really got some good videos on there.

Those look quite mouth-watering, old chap! Thanks for posting this, will have to give them a try.

We've found ciabatta rolls when halved, to be the perfect base for garlic bread with all the nooks and crannies for the garlicky butter to seep through. Add a light dusting of paprika for color, and some Parmesan and pop in the oven to crisp up. A true keto lover's paradise!

Last evening one of the cooking shows a cook utilized ciabatta bread to make a sandwich called The Castro. Looked like my High Plains Cuban :-D
He used oil instead of butter when grilling and smashing the pork, ham cheese etc

Back